Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it is time for me to get some protection on my legs.

Having only recently acquired my Ducati, I have proper Helmet, gloves, jacket and boots.

Which pants would you recommend?

I'd like something that would work well in the summer and ocassionally wear casual pants underneath (for commuting).

Perhaps the Alpinestars Airflow pants?

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Check out the First Gear Mesh Tex >

I just got a pair for my wife and will probably end up getting a pair for myself when the hot weather gets here. ( I already have leathers and Draggin Jeans)

R

·
0 Posts
I must admit I'm lurking around BMW's nice looking and practical summer pants. They are about $175. Cordura 500 denier and with a zip - easy conversion to shorts.

The only thing holding me up are the bmw signs.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I just saw an ad for those ICON titanium threaded pants and they look pretty cool....anyone have anythoughts?

ad was in latest motorcyclist..found a great price for them at http://www.i-bike.org

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i always wear pants. perhaps we could get herb to
comment on the alternative?

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I think I remember Herb going for chaps and a red thong.
Paging Herb! Where are you on this one?

By the way, has spring reached your neck of the woods? Grew up in Rochester.

·
Registered
32 Posts
OK - I'm out of the closet (scary to say in a Herb thread) but I grew up in Roch-cha-cha too! Chili boy. And this doesn't say chill-ee! It's pronounced chi (long I) li (long I). H*ll, they don't have anything esle to do there but drink beer, shovel snow and bowl - might as well create confusing names. Like Charlotte, by Lake Ontario. It's pronounced Sha Lot!

Does anyone else know what a GARBAGE PLATE is? :-*

H

·
0 Posts
How did I miss all this fun? A$$less chaps all the way! The red leather thong matches my wheels, and I always wear a CE approved athletic supporter, just in case. ;D

·
Registered
915 Posts
I've got the Alpinestars Airflows...worn them with shorts, but not pants...I like them, except they are a little long for me or I'm just to fat for my heighth...come to think about it it must be the pants.

gnew

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
we used to call a pizza with everything a
'garbage can' pizza.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just graduated from UR...went up for D-day last weekend, and found the weather is as fickle as ever. Saturday was sweet, Sunday was crap. My friend Matt wanted to hit up some garbage plates, but I can't eat that crap anymore (although when you're drunk and hungry at 3am in college, Jay's Heartburn Special is quite delicious). Any of you know why they call it hot sauce anyway? Seems more like sloppy joe mix to me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do a Google search for "Garbage Plate". You'll see references to Nick Tahou's - the restaurant (I use the term loosely) that created this specialty, indigenous to the Rochester/Western NY area. There are even bootleg recipies on the internet for the infamous hot sauce.

Check it out!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I crash tested the Joe Rocket Ballistic on my first bike (thankfully a Yamaha). It worked great. I literally landed on my knee (bad!), but I did not break any bones, just a bruise. The pants took the beating, the padding was visibly compacted and it scratched well enough. My only complain would be the poor zipper (not YKK) and the cheap velcro finish. Otherwise it's "safe".

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Crash tested Hein Gereiks (sp?) and they saved my ass, no pun intended. Bike was totaled and damage was minimal to me and the pants, still wearing. Got them from www.motorcyclecloseouts.com which I highly recommend.

I grew up on the other end of Lake Ontario in Watertown NY and can just say I'm glad to be FROM there and not LIVING there. Upsate NY has a riding season of like 8 days. Don't blink. . . I enjoy the 300+ days of ridable weather in SO CAL.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Depending upon the length and nature of the ride, for warm weather I elect between three:

1) A very cool pair of B*W pants made of Cordura that convert into cargo shorts. [smiley=waytogo.gif]

2) B*W Airflow pants;

(Dunno who originally makes either of em, though)

or for longer and more aggressive rides;

3) Vanson leather perfs (with matching perf jacket 8))

1 - 20 of 21 Posts