Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possable to convert a wet clutch s2r 800 to a dry clutch?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Im in the process of the same conversion, however, it seems no one wants to be all that forth coming with exact details. Ive PMed a few who have done this but got nothing back, so.......

I know that you need the following parts
Side engine casing from a dry clutch model non testastretta ie 748,916,996
Clutch primary gears from same above models
complete clutch assembly (dry clutch hub, pressure plate, frictions & steels)
Clutch master and slave from 748,916,996

Now, the bits I am not so sure on. You need to block off the oil passages behind the side casing, maybe with some grub screws ect.
5 machined spacers
Some modification to the clutch hub and pressure plate
I have seen mention of a specific oil seal but cant get any info on that either.

Hope this helps

Also, I hope someone with some more specific knowledge can help?

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I was hoping that someone with more knowledge on the subject than I have would speak up, but..........................
Everything I've heard is that it is an expensive nightmare.
Stuart on the other board has done it but my advice is always to buy a 900.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Only problem is, the S2R 800 makes more power than the 900. My S2R 800 makes 85hp at the wheel, the new 1100 makes 95 at the engine. Factor in drive train loss ect mine is doin all right, thats why im keeping it and using the dry clutch. (I have a few mods by the way).

Its easier for people to just say "get the bigger motor". Bigger isnt always better. Heavier engines upset agility ect.

Im doing this on my bike, so I will do a right up and post it here for those who are interested.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Bigger is almost always better - just ask the laydees.
I've done a lot of research and testing on chasis set up, if you want to contact me offlist, I'd be happy to share some insights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts