Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult/expensive is it to convert from wet to dry clutch?

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
It's easier to just swap engines.

What do you hope to gain by switching an M800 to dry clutch?

·
Registered
109 Posts
dont forget the jerky starts :eek:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You like the sound? You can have it! If I could quiet my clutch, I would. Sounds like ball bearings in a coffee can!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Come on Herb, you gotta love that sweet symphany.

congrats on the Daffe-like, btw

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I honestly can say that the clutch rattle is the ONLY thing I don't like about my bike. No sh!t. It just sounds like something is about to come through the side of the engine case. :-/

I think DJ replaced his clutch basket, and ended up with a quieter clutch... ::)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The look and sounds contributes to the Monster. Naked boy!
I heard recently a mechanic was trying to press a 750 owner to do so and wanted to know what you guys though about it.

R.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
You like the sound? You can have it! If I could quiet my clutch, I would. Sounds like ball bearings in a coffee can!
C'mon Herb, like you can even here it over the demonic voices in your head...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I was about to test ride mine (750) the salesman and I were chatting while the bike warmed up a bit. He told me it had a dry clutch. I told him it had a wet clutch. He said "Nah, all Dukes have a dry clutch, listen to the racket its making".

To be fair, it was a Honda dealer.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I opened my clutch cover today. It was not that bad. It actually sounded better to me. Instead of it sounding like rocks bouncing around my engine, it sounds like Sley bells. Much better.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That Honda dude was hating. He's just jealous cause he can't ride Monster status, envious mofo.

R.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
speaking of wet clutches..does anyone make an aftermarket cover for the wet clutch on a '99 M750?

something stainless or ?

I would love to replace the cover over my wet clutch...

Maybe I could just paint mine with some engine paint....

Like instead of the silver/grey that it is...maybe take it off - degrease it - spray it flat black and slap it back on...anything would look better than it does now!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts