Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to resurrect an old thread, but the site says I should consider creating a new one, so here we are...
There's a FB Marketplace ad for a conversion kit. The seller indicates it is reversible and requires no special tools. Seems pretty legit. Had I not already picked up a new basket for the S2R, I would've given this a go as I hate how quickly the oil gets dirty and [insert other personal preferences that aren't up for debate here].
Has anyone else made the jump with this particular seller?
Anyone with an S2R want a new basket at a discount so I can give this a go?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i picked my 800 over the 1000 to get the wet slipper clutch. scratching my head here
Different strokes for different folks? I personally like the clamor and haven't been happy with the slipper engagement, but then again, I've never ridden with a dry clutch and this one probably never had a good wet one (got it used at around 33k miles). I only recently learned about the cush drive after trying to figure out what blew up in the case.
Opened her up, found a detonated spring. Pulled the basket, found both of the remaining thick springs broken, two of the loose springs under compression, with the 3rd looking to make a break for it.
Perhaps I'd change my mind after swapping to a known good basket, but given the opportunity, I'd like to see how the dry works out.
Textile Headgear Material property Font Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
214 Posts
who doesnt love the clang clang of the plates but slamming down gears heading into a corner, the slipper clutch has keep me safe on more than one occasion. way fun. Oh but in all fairness i purchased my monster as a commuter and wanted ease of use for sitting in hot standing traffic.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I was just thinking why change a better clutch for a more primitive one. I do like the tink tink tink of my dry ducati clutch though. You can also install a dry slipper clutch. I did this to mine because might as well make your baby run better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just thinking why change a better clutch for a more primitive one. I do like the tink tink tink of my dry ducati clutch though. You can also install a dry slipper clutch. I did this to mine because might as well make your baby run better.
There's a kit for that? Do you have a link?

Figured I might as well just restore the bike back to proper, stock condition and see how it goes. After a test ride, I can't say there's really any difference from before. There always seems to be a sort of lag in power delivery when accelerating hard from an upshift. Having pretty limited experience with bikes, I can't tell if this is normal. Friction plates were within spec (3.4 mm) and I gave them all a flat 600-grit once-over for good measure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts