Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got a 695 with a wet clutch. Got the dry clutch sound envy bug but not gonna commit to a conversion. Question I have is regarding the sound deadening panel on the inside of the wet clutch cover. Say I were to pull my clutch cover at the next oil change and pulled that panel out, would I get a little closer to that beloved sound? Any adverse effects that anyone can think of? thanks for input!
Steven

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
get a dry clutch bike, $$ to convert wet to dry. it has been done; though. switched from m620 to s2r 1k for same reason: dry clutch narcosis + more grunt.
chears.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Converting a wet clutch to a dry clutch is a pain in the ass. If do get all the parts that you need (which will be big $$$) and if you are able to seal off the crankcase...the chances that you'll have issues with it operating poorly and/or developing an oil leak are relatively high.

I've seen a few racers make this conversion to their wet clutch bike and then I see them pull it all apart after 1-2 races and go back to their wet clutch.

I say sell your bike and get a dry clutch 750.

·
Registered
6 Posts
To the above posters, you might want to reread what the OP said.

To svr: I can't see any problems from doing that as long as it is just a sound dampener (doesn't hold something in place). I'll have to take a closer look at mine the next time I change out my oil. Wish I'd seen this earlier as I just had both panels off inspecting everything and changing out to a lighter flywheel during my last oil change.

I wouldn't mind a little more sound either... drat, wish I'd thought of that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts