Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up,

This noise may be normal but I wanted to make sure. I slipped my clutch a bit tonight for the first time trying to leave a light fast and it made a low pitch squawking noise. It wasn't very loud but it was noticable. I can already tell that this clutch is much more grippy than my old ninja but the noise kind of shocked me being a wet clutch..... maybe it just dosen't like to be slipped. I'm using silkolene oil, so I don't think it's an oil issue. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this too.

Thanks,
<><
murry

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yep, mines doing that also and its driving me nuts. When I take off slowly theres no noise, but give it a decent hit from the lights and it makes that same groaning noise and pretty loudly too.

I thought it might be because the oil hadn't been changed for awhile, but after changing the oil/filter its now happening more often than before. I'm using Shell VSX-4 as recommended by the decal on the bike and service history shows thats whats been used in the bike its entire life. Makes me believe its not oil choice.

Bike has 6000 miles, only 300 of them mine (damn rain!). I'm hoping it just needs a good long thrashing. ::)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine too, oil type makes no difference. i run non-synthetic.
same sound as Murry descrbibed.
three of us so far must be normal?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses guys,

Probably is normal. I'll call my dealer tomorrow to see what they have to say.

<><
murry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts