Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My S2R 800's wet clutch makes my motor oil dirty very quickly, 500 miles after a change and its quite dark. The color, I presume, is created by clutch plate particles suspended in the oil. My question is, would those "suspended particles" not be abrasive to the rest of the engine, and would that oil not need changing allot sooner?

The last thing I want to do is start another oil question thread, but given my OCD nature, its got me wondering.

rich

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
might want to append this question to the end of the motor oil thread, i think it's very appropriate...

in fact, iirc, the motor oil thread already addressed this issue somewhere near the first 6 pages or so...

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I would suspect that since oil bath clutches have been on motorcycles for decades that you have nothing to fear. Just consider regular intervals for a change. I do my 800 track bike every other trackday, but it sees a much higher abuse than on the street.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
haha, well, ok, now that we've responded to the thread, appending is probably not a good idea (and only the mods can do it anyways)

best way to do it would be to copy/paste your question as a new reply to the oil thread, looks like george is on point at the moment and is replying rather quickly right now [thumbsup]

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts