Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

What is the Westminster area like? Expensive? Crap hole? I have a couple of job interviews in that area next week...was curious.

cheers

·
Registered
309 Posts
Depends on where in westminster you want to be, it's fairly large. I live near stanley lake in the Countryside subdivision. Most of the houses were made in the late 70's, but most of them are kept up very nicely. I think they cost around $220 to $280. I really like where i live, we are moments away from openspace and a huge dog park. There are other subdivisions nearby that are newer and nicer, if that's what you want. It's nice for me because were about half way between boulder and denver, which is where I and the girlfriend work.

·
Registered
483 Posts
PM BickS2R he is an agent, and used to live boulder probably knows the area.

BTW you were in IT right? what type of jobs you looking at?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I used to live in country side as well...it is nice. Not exactly the cheapest place to live. My parents still live there and they have for about 15 years or so. There are so many places to live either in westminster or around it that are very nice as well. Nice area...

Good luck on the interviews...probably in Interlocken I would guess!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I live in Bromfield and its quite a bit expensive for me. I live with my mom after some unfortunate events with the exgirlfriend. Its really nice and the perfect place to raise a family I think.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Its a good place to be. D just bought a house up there, Im a native.. what do you wanna know? There are pockets of good and bad.. I can tell you where the worst traffic is.. .. there is tons of good shopping... if you get a job and need to do commuting north / south it takes longer than if you set up to commute east/west. Arvada doesnt do as much snow plowing as Westi.. so lately the roads in that direction have been terrible. There are good dog parks too. If you buy a place that the driveway/garage faces North your probably gonna be laying a lot of salt to get your moto out ...... thats all I can think of right now. Ohh if you go a lil east.. it gets cheaper.

·
Registered
483 Posts
How is the job hunting going? We have a programming position open at my job. We are at I25 and E470 (merdian). It isn't .Net and it is in healthcare, but it is a good company. If you are interested or know someone, give me a shout.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
If Westminster is looking too pricey, go east a little. Houses are stupid cheap out where we live, and commuting to Westminster is easy. Also, I work in Golden/Lakewood, and we do C#/.NET and are hiring...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.