Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some serious riding gear. Problem is, there isn't too many place that I know of with high end brand gear. I don't want to buy something without trying it on.

What I'm really looking to get is the Ducati Retro jacket made by Dainese. I hear they run quite small and I don't want to buy one unless I know how it will fit.

I'm about 40 Miles sw of Buffalo. I've been to both Duc dealers in the area and both have a very limited selection of gear.

Any help would be appreciated. ;D

·
Registered
184 Posts
GERNICK I know you are looking for the retro jacket.

Size wise go to a dealer that sells Imatra jackets same cut as the Ducati retro Jacket
Check out the www.dainese.com and click on store locator it will list all dealers in your area... Good Luck... JP

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm in Rochester... there's nothing over here either. There are a couple Alpinestars retailers but they have maybe four jackets in stock between the two of them. About the only option is to do the trial-and-error with online orders.

H

·
0 Posts
Well, between the three of us, I think we have WNY pretty well covered. Nothing much in Buffalo, either. Closer to spring, you can check with Don George's sport center, or Freewheelin Cycle. The normally have a decent selection of alpinestars, technic, Joe Rocket etc.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Imagine that... just a couple more people and we can start a WNY monster club.

Gernick- i just saw your other post about Triumph gear. Canandaigua Motorsports does carry a half way decent selection of Triumph stuff. Might be worth a call to see if they have what you're looking for. They're a little over an hour ride from Buffalo on I90... but there are more entertaining routes to take south of the thruway.

http://www.canandaiguamotorsports.com/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool Magoo. They also carry the jacket I'm looking for. It might be worth the trip.

Thanks!

·
Banned
551 Posts
Don't know where you are Magoo - but aren't there still some dealerships of decent size in Toronto? You in Buff - or closer to Rochester?

If you are close to the boarder - might not be a bad idea to head up the QEW.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm actually just east of Rochester, so Toronto is probably 200 miles from here. That is until the "fast ferry" arrives [smiley=undecided.gif]

I've got no problem riding that far, its just that what little time I get to spend on my monster is usually heading south and east to better roads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts