Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Well I went down today. It sucked :'( This is embarrassing but we were just leaving the driveway and I went to leave when all of the sudden the front tire went out from under me. we have a semi gravel and rock drive, I don't know what the hell happend but I must of gave it to little or to much gas and I went down.

My leg was under the bike but was able to pick it up enough to get it out. Glad I had full leathers on. I couldn't pick the bike up so had to wait till my husband came back to help.

Not to much damage, scrapped up the bar end mirror and the foot peg is scrapped, also just scrapped and put a little dent in the exhaust ( but thats OK I have some Arrows comming) I think I bent the brake lever, not sure on that but going to replace it anyway. Other than that things look good.

Feel real stupid and pissed. But thank goodness the damage was not that bad, as for me, just pissed and embarrassed, think I hurt my ankle but I will be OK.

What a way to start Christmas eve!!!

Thanks for listening to me vent.

Have a good one all and ride safe

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Don't feel stupid, we've all done something like that. Glad your OK!

You guys have a Merry Christmas!

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I did the old "forgot to put the kickstand down" on my old supersport. Same type of damage. D-OH!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Interesting how the front went out... Glad you're OK and that there's no tank damage. That woulda been a lot more expensive than anything else you broke. Hope the rest of your xmas is better!

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
You're ok, the bike suffered the least amount of damage one could hope for, and I sincerely hope that's the worse cycling experience you have in your lifetime!

Be thankful and have a Merry Christmas [thumbsup]

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
With a gravel and rock driveway, it really doesn't take much to fall over. Sorry 'bout your ankle, but glad to hear that you're otherwise ok and that you suffered very minimal damage to the bike. Time for more mods. [thumbsup]

You may not think it's possible, but you can pick up the bike yourself. Here's a helpful How-To.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Spidey said:
You may not think it's possible, but you can pick up the bike yourself. Here's a helpful How-To.
I watched a video of a law enforcement training session and the cop lifting the bike heaved it up, over-center, and head planted on the other side [laugh] Another version of the feared High-Side :eek:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
erkishhorde said:
Interesting how the front went out... Glad you're OK and that there's no tank damage. That woulda been a lot more expensive than anything else you broke. Hope the rest of your xmas is better!
Yea we were suprised there was not any tank damage too. But not a scratch so I got lucky there. Thanks, The rest of my christmas should be better, we are going out again in the morning so things should get better. Thanks
Lynda

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all, Things could have been worse. I am just so pissed off at myself for letting it happen in the first place. But we live and learn. Thanks for the support.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Spidey said:
kind of funny you would mention this article, my father and i were discussing this exact same woman today at a family get together. i have a friend who wants to get a bike (5'2" 100 lbs soaking wet) and i was concerned about her being able to lift anything if she 'misplaced' it.

Thanks for the link tho, I'll forward it to her.

regards
P

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Glad to hear you and the Monster are not "hurt." [thumbsup]

These things happen. :-\

·
Registered
384 Posts
ouch! sorry about that. i know how you feel. I layed my bike down in the dirt at about 15mph at 7:30am on Thanksgiving day...

not my favorite thanksgiving...

MERRY X-MAS

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Glad you are OK. Damage seems negligible. Your new exhaust will make you feel better. And, don't feel bad, I recently had a very close call in my garage doing 0 MPH. Bike came out unscathed because I threw my leg under it as it was gong down. Legs heal, tank dents don't.

Merry Christmas

rich

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Glad you are OK!

Don't feel so bad. I have a friend with a Sportster that crashed twice in one day. First crash was from forgetting to put up the kickstand. Hardly any damage to him or his bike. Second was riding pissed and fast...he didn't see a car pull out in front of him making a left turn and would up going over the bars trying to stop. Broken leg from second accident and thousands of dollars damage to his ride.

Shite happens!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Spidey said:
Glad you posted that Spidey... I can say from experience, that yes, even a tiny girlie can pick up a bike. Pulling it out of a ditch in Italy by yourself is another story, however. :-\

Practice picking up your bike now, bfore it's all buffed out again. Glad everyone is OK. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Grio once said to me (after I dropped my bike for the first time right in front of her), "Well, at least you got that out of the way". It eased the shame just a little. At least you didn't drop yours in front of friends like I did [laugh]

I dropped mine for the second time last weekend. I was putting air in the tires at the gas station. I was on the right side of the bike and had to roll the bike forward a foot to get the tire valve where I could reach it... thought I had pulled the bike up enough so it was off the kick stand when I moved it. Instead it silently retracted the kick stand back so when I went to rest it back on the kickstand, it just kept going. No damage at all, but the point is: It happens to us all so don't even sweat it!

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Glad you're OK.

The first time I stopped for gas for my 695, just a few weeks ago, it was misting, I coudn't see, and I didn't put the kickstand down all the way. When I got off, the bike fell on my leg. At first I thought there was no damage to the bike at all, but I found that the gearshift was a little bent, easily fixable. So I was lucky, but I just remember thinking how stupid this must look. :(

So I killed all the witnesses. [thumbsup]

Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Sage words from a guy who helped me:

I was at a bike night on the 1980 900 Super Sport. It was so full that evening that they were parking us in grass. I did a tight turn around a big branch on the ground and the bike just slid out from underneath me. It was lying on a down hill slope and I was having trouble picking it up. Lots of people around but none comming to help. I yelled "Hey, a little help here..." A guy came over to help me and I said to him, "I'm so embarrassed" His reply "hey, it happens to all of them."

Ya know I think he is right.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts