Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It came out pretty good i think. There was some downtime at the shop, and I "found" a suitable piece of aluminum to use. Spent a couple hrs on the cnc lathe and wammo, a cover is born! Still have to do the mill work to vent the hell out of it, but thats for another night :)

Kevin

·
Registered
455 Posts
Where's that "This Thread Is Useless Without Pics!" smiley when you need it?

H

·
0 Posts
Yeah, Kev! What do I have to do, drive to Erie to see it?! You don't want ME showing up on your doorstep on Sunday morning, do you?

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where's that "This Thread Is Useless Without Pics!" smiley when you need it?
Geez. Its not even done yet :) The plan is to get the milling done, and get it powdercoated when i send the frame and other assorted bits to get coated. The result will be a red m900 tank, fender and cowl, with a black frame, peg brackets, clutch cover, upper and lower tripple clamps, and anything else i can think of. Flames to come later, after i figure out a color.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, got some pics uploaded. They ended up in the members bikes section, so check there if you want to see a larger version. Like? Don't like? Don't forget it has to be vented still :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
That's awesome that you can do that. I wish I had the skills and tools to fab and modify my own parts. I was just poking a little fun at ya - pay no mind.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
H

·
0 Posts
Kevin, make a note of this; I'M FIRST IN LINE !!!! Now get cracking on a upper clamp for the 2003. You can use mine for dimensions. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts