Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Well I did it.............begin the hazing ritual!

2K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Duc-hunter 
#1 ·
Hahaha, I just bought an '01 Ducati Monster 900 with 4,600 miles. She needs some TLC as she was a theft recovery. I'm arranging shipping right now, but if she was a southern bike and the weather would hold off I'd just fly out and ride her the 1k+ miles home. Meh, here is a pic for now:

See less See more
#3 ·
LOL! I was already looking at Termis and Akra pipes............. :eek: haha, I'll ride it stock for a bit till I get the feel for her. The only other Twins I've ridden were my '02 RC51 and a buddies SV650, I hated the SV but the RC was a hell raiser on crack >:D

#9 ·
NuTTs said:
Very nice bike!! Enjoy it, then get some killer pipes on it! It looks very very clean.
Thanks once again all. I'll post TONS of pics when I get it..........I've been hooked on Ducati's ever since I laid eyes on the 916, I can't believe I just bought one ;D

As far as clean, she pretty much is, but since it was a theft recovery, the idiot theives installed a toggle switch to replace the ignition switch since they didn't have the key and then the morons broke off part of the beauty ring and pried up the gas cap so they could access the cap for refilling the tank. The tank looks to be unscathed though. Like I said, pics to come ;D

#10 ·
Congrats on the bike purchase, BMiller. [thumbsup] [clap]

I saw that bike come up for sale. Glad to hear that it's going to the home of a fellow DML'er.

If you need assistance with your purchase arrangements, let me know. The seller of that bike is only 10 miles away from my home, and I'd be happy to help you with short-term storage of the bike or anything else you may need.

Cheers!

Pete

#18 ·
SHADOWCHASER said:
Enjoy her in good health BMiller! [clap]

She looks like an admirable start too another great Monster of the DML! [thumbsup]

I look forward to seeing her transformation. >:D

Welcome Home...........Now where are the frigging Doughnuts. [laugh] [cheeky]

~SC :)
LOL! Call me out on it if we all ever get together for a rideout, I'll bring 'em [thumbsup]

#20 ·
Emily said:
Awwww... it's like adopting a stray cat. You can find ignition/gas cap sets on eBay for not that much if you keep your eyes peeled for them.
I've been checking there frequently and search on here isn't yielding this answer so I'll ask you guys here: What other years/models of Ducs have Ignition Switches and Gas Caps that fit the '01 Monster 900. I just don't wanna buy the wrong ones because even though they are off different models, alot of them look the same.

#21 ·
During troubleshooting on a separate issue, I used an immobilizer ignition from an '04 ST4s, so they're pretty compatible across bikes. I can't give you a full listing of which ones will work. It looked a little goofy since it sticks up 1/8" higher than the OEM.

#22 ·
Hey, I think there are one or two gas cap and ignition sets up ebay now... both of which will fit your bike... from what I recall... they do come up frequently enough.

I just picked up a 2000 900 with 900 miles... needed some TLC as well... Its almost all back in shape. Now I just have to decide what to replace the stock pipes with... and have those Rizoma parts come in... ahhhhhh yessss... >:D

Damn winter will put a damper on the fun though...

Good luck with the bike... looks great.

#23 ·
edgesnyc said:
Hey, I think there are one or two gas cap and ignition sets up ebay now... both of which will fit your bike... from what I recall... they do come up frequently enough.

I just picked up a 2000 900 with 900 miles... needed some TLC as well... Its almost all back in shape. Now I just have to decide what to replace the stock pipes with... and have those Rizoma parts come in... ahhhhhh yessss... >:D

d**n winter will put a damper on the fun though...

Good luck with the bike... looks great.
Yeah man, I've been watching a few. Just bought a setup off ebay, minus the seat lock, off of there for around $130 shipped. It was from a '01 Monster 750Dark, I checked and the part numbers are the same on bikebandit [thumbsup]

Enjoy your bike as well [thumbsup]

#24 ·
Congrats. I also just purchased a 2001 M900. I love this bike. Enjoy. [thumbsup]

~R. Miller

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.