Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
lwszabo said:
you know, its next to there.
;D yes Debb, it does matter exactly where here is. If you are near Winston-Salem, I can show you some roads that will make you almost forgit about Southern Cali... I said almost. ;D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think it's about time I check myself into here...I just move to Shaw AFB in Sumter, SC about an hour outside of Columbia. I don't currently have a bike right now...I'm sort of in the market, but I lack funds as of right now...once I get my affairs in order (which hopefully will be soon) I'll be fully looking.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Jimmy here, I live in Ashe county, north of Boone. Not a straight road in site. Used to have a Monster Cromo 900 and just bought a S4R Testastretta.
Looking forward to Spring!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
'Bout time I check in, just now actually checked out the regional boards [laugh]

Western NC, Waynesville to be exact, about 35 minutes west of Asheville, NC.

My ride is a '99 M750, orignially a dark, now a lovely yellow color, modified Termis [thumbsup]

My non-Duc ride is a 1985 Suzuki GS1150ES w/ pods, ignition advance & aftermarket exhaust

JM

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Hey everyone.

I am moving out to Durham this August to start PA school at Duke, and am looking for people to ride with, advice on good local rides, chill dive bars, and perhaps a good idea of where the hell to live around the triangle area (with good access to Duke).

moving out from colorado, so hoping to get more days on the bike during the calmer carolina winters.
although i did take the bike out a few weeks ago.
not sure if i can have children now, so f-n cold.

drop me a line if you have any thoughts!
thanks
justin

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
MedicJC said:
Hey everyone.

I am moving out to Durham this August to start PA school at Duke, and am looking for people to ride with, advice on good local rides, chill dive bars, and perhaps a good idea of where the hell to live around the triangle area (with good access to Duke).

moving out from colorado, so hoping to get more days on the bike during the calmer carolina winters.
although i did take the bike out a few weeks ago.
not sure if i can have children now, so f-n cold.

drop me a line if you have any thoughts!
thanks
justin

I'd be more than willing to help you out if you weren't going to dook. [cheeky]

Just kidding. (Kinda. ;D )

I'm not familiar at all with housing in Durham, so I can't really be of any use there.

But once you get to the area, make sure to let us all know. We're a friendly group and will be more than eager to head out on some rides with you and show you the good roads.

And I'll give you the Chapel Hill bar tour. We're only about 15 minutes from most parts of Durham. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Looks like we need to give it a jumpstart! Any oldtimers want to meet up with us "junior members"?

Anyway, I live in N Raleigh, but work in Cary. I've run across a few ducs, but have only seen Monsters headed in the other direction.

So which Monster did you get? I saw a Tricolore disappear from Barnett's a couple of weeks ago...

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Hello!
I am new to the RTP area and am looking for people to ride with.
I have no idea where to go!

I just found this Forum.

Help me out?

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
ntnunk and i were just looking to get a group together. I think the founding group has geared down for the time being, but there's no reason we can't pick back up.

I'm in Raleigh and ntnunk is in Cary. Where are you? Maybe we can pick a central starting point for a ride.

Also, check out the gathering this weekend at Brier Creek. It'd be great to have a few of us represent the winemakers:
http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/m-roc/187259-triangle-italians-july-gathering.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
ntnunk and i were just looking to get a group together. I think the founding group has geared down for the time being, but there's no reason we can't pick back up.

I'm in Raleigh and ntnunk is in Cary. Where are you? Maybe we can pick a central starting point for a ride.

Also, check out the gathering this weekend at Brier Creek. It'd be great to have a few of us represent the winemakers:
http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/m-roc/187259-triangle-italians-july-gathering.html
I'll be at Brier Creek this weekend. Hopefully on the bike, but that'll depend on whether my knee is up to it or not. If I can't ride I'll still jump in the truck and check out all the beautiful Italian iron. Hope to see you guys there! I'll be the guy with the battered left knee, either riding a S4RS Tricolore or driving a black Ford F-150 FX2.

Noel

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Hopefully on the bike, but that'll depend on whether my knee is up to it or not.
That poor, poor Tricolore -at least move it into your living room! I'm sure it will help you heal faster...;)

Anyway, I'll see you out there if it's not raining.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Will be out this weekend, but would love to get together!
Sounds good. I usually ride just about every day after work and all day on weekends so scheduling isn't a problem. I'll PM both of you with my email (I usually don't check DML until later in the evening.)

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Cool.
I have a new friend, Dan, I just met a few days back I may bring with me too.

He lives in my apt complex and just bought his 1st bike (took the class last week). Saw him standing with the flat black monster and had to stop.

It is sitting in my garage now, as it shouldnt be left outside...
:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
That poor, poor Tricolore -at least move it into your living room! I'm sure it will help you heal faster...;)

Anyway, I'll see you out there if it's not raining.
Heh, I don't need it in the living room. I slobber on it enough with it in the garage. I'm afraid if it was in the living room it'd start rusting before I ever get to ride it. :D

I'll definitely be out at Brier on Saturday if it's not raining. And it's looking like I'll be riding my bike, possibly for the very first time. I was able to sit on it comfortably today after some stretching. Hope to see you there!

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Heh, I don't need it in the living room. I slobber on it enough with it in the garage. I'm afraid if it was in the living room it'd start rusting before I ever get to ride it. :D

I'll definitely be out at Brier on Saturday if it's not raining. And it's looking like I'll be riding my bike, possibly for the very first time. I was able to sit on it comfortably today after some stretching. Hope to see you there!
That's good news about your knee. And look on the bright side: You *will* need to ride gently while you break it in. (the monster, not your knee ...on second thought, that statement probably fits both!)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm In Greensboro, NC and am interested in any meets

121 - 140 of 155 Posts