Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The monster riders of the Triangle (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill) finally have a home! Thanks DML. [thumbsup]


Anyway, this is for anyone in North Carolina ... please don't feel excluded if you aren't in the triangle, because i'm sure all of us that are WISH we were in the mountains. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
336 Posts
I'm closer to the mountains than you are! Nah-ni-nah-ni-nah-nah!

Seriously though, it's nice to have a board that's at least somewhat near me (Greensboro) that doesn't encompass the whole east coast or something.

[thumbsup]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
I deleted my head count post. I see people are checking in here. :p

Please introduce yourself.

Good call Chris, and thanks DML!

Cheers,
Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fiber said:
I'm closer to the mountains than you are! Nah-ni-nah-ni-nah-nah!

Seriously though, it's nice to have a board that's at least somewhat near me (Greensboro) that doesn't encompass the whole east coast or something.

[thumbsup]
dude, feel free to plan some rides out towards mount airy and the parkway and let us all know. this could be a good way for us NC folk to unite.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
336 Posts
sennaster said:
dude, feel free to plan some rides out towards mount airy and the parkway and let us all know. this could be a good way for us NC folk to unite.
Agreed! I've been talking to another member in this area about getting some stuff together. So far, over this way, I only know of one other DML member, and a guy I met in the MSF course I took that's getting a Monster soon.

Something that might be a good meetup would be the AMA races at VIR in August (I think August.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
890 Posts
if your palnning rides drop me a pm. blueridge parkway,gap,etc etc ..
I'm down in Spartanburg SC.

l8r
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,604 Posts
G'day Guy's

Congrats on getting your own club.

Now we have a club under the Holligans DownUnder ??? ...... [laugh]


[thumbsup]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
Sweet!! Now I feel like I belong to something important. ;D

Now we just need an inaugural group ride to commemorate this momentous occasion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Bout time, we were tired of cleaning up your poop up in CAM.. ;D [laugh]

Couple quesitons, when's the BBQ? And, why don't you have a TAMR TOSAT yet?

And, what's with TAMR? Couldn't you come up with something that flows a little better? Next thing you know, you'll be as bad as SFBHMAHABF???? and have polls to change the name once every few months. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rameses said:
Now I'm not so concerned with the fact that the RTPDucs mailing list died. :)
i tried to use it but usually never got a response. now its up to us dml-ducati fanboys to keep the group going.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
612 Posts
What up guys. Finally, we can get to know just how many ducs are in the triangle and we need a good inargual group ride before summer ends. My name is Kent and I will be back in Chapel Hill in August. Hope to meet and ride with many of you soon. [thumbsup]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,907 Posts
Been a little while since i was on the board last, cept for my post in the Tech forum...

Nice to see a good group of folks from the great state of NC!!! I am near Fiber, in High Point...and ride with a clan of guys who ride the asian bikes, cept one dude on a Speed3. Hope to get up with a few of ya for a good ride in the Western Mnts of NC...we make weekend trips to Toogles Gap all the time...Highway 8 can be fun most of the time ;)

Look forward to joining a few of ya for a ride soon!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I'm a little outside of the Triangle, but you're the only show in town .

I'm Tim...I fly helicopters, just sold my Silver 97 M750....I'll get another.

Good to see a group in the Carolinas, I'm outta here soon but will still be online.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
Its great to see there are others out there. Just got a new 2005 S2R 803cc In Tangerine  on the 14th and have 300 miles on it already. Fist bike in a long time so I am getting used to the cages and the turns at this point but look forward to meeting up with some fellow ducati owners. I will try to make the Ale house on Wendsday @ 7pm.  [thumbsup]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22 Posts
I recently arrived here at Ft. Bragg and should be getting my 900 s.i.e out here very soon. I monitor this site for rides and as soon as I have my Duc would like to join you all for some rides.

I look forward to seeing N.C.

TCharles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Hi Yall,
I member #2 from Durham, as of this minute. Happy to be here, very happy to find this site.

I just started riding again after a 30 year break. When I went to Barnet's, I knew that there was no reason to get back into this unless the first bike was a Ducati, and that's the way it is.

I'm still figuring my way around this board, and trying to see what event/rides/pub crawls M-ROC is doing. I guess the plan is just to monitor the M-ROC board, right. And I would rather not join the list server as my constant battle is to eliminate sources of email. So -- does the bulk of the communication here happen by board or list server?

BTW, I'll be at VIR this weekend, Saturday. Hope to meet a bunch of you there.

Presto
(very clever motto goes here....)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
336 Posts
Welcome Presto!

I dunno about the list server, unless that is the list that isn't running anymore (saw some comments in it a while back,) but either way alot of communication between the locals seems to go on here.

Check the AMA thread here in the M-ROC section for information about when and where we're meeting up for rides to VIR and at VIR. Several of us plan on attending, some (such as myself) only on Saturday, others for all three days. It should be a blast.

Fiber
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
presto said:
Hi Yall,
I member #2 from Durham, as of this minute. Happy to be here, very happy to find this site.

I just started riding again after a 30 year break. When I went to Barnet's, I knew that there was no reason to get back into this unless the first bike was a Ducati, and that's the way it is.

I'm still figuring my way around this board, and trying to see what event/rides/pub crawls M-ROC is doing. I guess the plan is just to monitor the M-ROC board, right. And I would rather not join the list server as my constant battle is to eliminate sources of email. So -- does the bulk of the communication here happen by board or list server?

BTW, I'll be at VIR this weekend, Saturday. Hope to meet a bunch of you there.

Presto
(very clever motto goes here....)
Hey Presto, glad you found us!! See ya at VIR!!!
 
1 - 20 of 155 Posts
Top