Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like good idea (well better than most of Herbs, sorry Herb) but we should welcome Stefan with a proper ride and BBQ. The idea is to have a nice ride on the morning and afternoon of the 10th in the Palomar region (Ill need some help with route planning) and a BBQ at my house in Temecula afterwards.

If you are interested in attending post below so Ill know how much stuff to get.

So whos gonna ride?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I can definitely help with route planning and play tour guide for any hardy souls. We need to work out how far we want to ride. We could do a killer 200 miler, but the LA boys would have a lot of seat time when it's all over. I'm thinking of going up the tight side, down the fast side, then the S22 into Borrego Springs, up Banner Grade to Julian, down to Santa Ysabel, Old Julian Highway to Highland Valley Road then 15 North to the BBQ

·
Registered
445 Posts
Uhhh, Julian is still there. I read the other day that they are experiencing a paucity of tourism because people think the town is rubble. Several thousand Julianites are just waiting for us to show up!!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I'm in.

G

·
Crickey, when I posted originally I was just looking for a few bits of help!

Now I am going to find myself in a convoy of "twisty road crazed californians" - and on the wrong side of the road!

Jokes aside, when my travel arrangements came through and I was to wait out two and 1/2 days in LA for my next sector, I was quite upset.

Now that I have hooked up with a bunch of like minded folks, and have two days of riding in what sounds increasingly like fantastic roads, I can't wait to get there!

And I am quite taken by the hospitality and camaraderie.

Thanks a bunch guys. I will be in touch once in LA through terrible_viking, who's kindly offered to ride with me on 9 Jan.

Make sure you bring your slow-go speed setting, or a light beacon so I can catch up with you from time to time.

·
Registered
445 Posts
No worries mate. Everyone rides their own pace, everyone has fun, everyone has stories to tell, and everyone has fun! Go here

G

·
Hi
Just confirmed all the bookings.
Honda CBR600 will be delivered 6.00pm 8 Jan and collected 6.00pm 10 Jan.

The delivery and collection point are in Santa Monica, at the motel I am staying at.

I thought I better let you know as I imagine this affects the timing of ride & possible BBQ.

Cheers
Stefan

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope not an issue here, the BBQ is on the 10th after an afternoon of ridin'. Also on a side note, if anyone wishes Ive a few places to sleep if anyone decides that it gets abit late in the evening or wishes to have a few beverages. Ive got sleeping bags and a foldout futon sleeper couch and another futon in my spare room/office.

G

·
Thanks for setting this all up ducman. I'll be there. Do we need to bring anything to the BBQ? You need/want a few bucks from each of the U.S. attendes?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ducman, call me crazy but in your original post you said the ride and bbq will be on the 10th. If we've changed it to Friday the 9th then regrettably I can't make it because of work. Also, it seems to me that OZS4 was under the same impression about the 10th.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DOH!! My bad it is Saturday, all is well. You know sometimes one shouldnt type while drinking ;D

Anyways my bike is almost ready to go. Did a few thing tonite.

Before

After

Lookie what the UPS man left for me :)

And so youll know what it looks like Stefan

1 - 20 of 50 Posts