Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[clap] [clap] [clap]

Went ahead and started our own local forum. Feel free to post any local news, event, etc that you find here.

And welcome "Home"

Ryan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Welcome to the New Home for IA Monster riders...

awsome! its about time! hope we can get some more posters on here real soon! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts

I may not own one yet, but I'm dead set on a Monster. I'm in Cedar Rapids. Only seen Mitt's (Chad's) monster around here (and no others :( ). I think CR needs a couple Mostros!

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I think Alan is still in that area. Haven't seen a post from him in a while though.

There are a few Monsters around here. I know John(Jon?) is up in Ankeny, and then there is a red 900 running around that isn't mine, and a red/white S2R around here as well.
A few SBKs as well which are going to be welcome in the official Ducati club(if Marco ever gets back to me damned time differences and 4 hour Italian lunches...).

Hoping we can get things really rolling by spring and have some group rides and other events like family picnic, club outtings to places like Anamosa and MAM track days, etc.

Glad you guys showed up. Hopefully more will soon. Got a guy working here in the office with me who rides an RC51 but is looking for a slightly less agressive daily rider and likes twins and naked style. Maybe we can convert him.

Anyway, again, welcome.

Ryan

·
Registered
114 Posts

I just moved to Omaha, unfortunately. I say unfortunately because I miss Des Moines. While the towns are similiar, DSM is home and has more character, less traffic, less expensive, friendlier, better roads, better jobs, no nazi helmet law (although I find myself not wanting to ride without one more and more), etc. etc.

So, anyway, I get back there a fair amount. Keep me in the loop. I also ride with a bunch of Triumph guys back in the area because I had a Triumph before I bought the S2r1000. I believe I know Jon. Does he have the Blue S2R?

The guys at that motorcycle gear shop on Army post are big into Ducati, and one of the salespeople at Radical Cycle has a Monster I believe.

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

No prob Fonz.

Jon has an S4R but I am pretty sure it is a Blue and White.

MotoRider on Army Post and I kind of have a history. After they did some damage to a track bike of mine and refused to cover the damages, I have yet to return. But I am not one to badmouth a dealer on the Net as they have plenty of satisfied customers.
Besides, the rumor is that they are closing under the pretense of closing out old merchandise...but selling a one piece set of leathers for a price 1/4 of their original asking seems a bit like closeout for the sake of inventory liquidation.

Every shop has it's good and bad sides.

My sister lives in Omaha and I head over there on a regular basis to visit them. I love DT Omaha. The rest of the city doesn't do much for me though. Although the mexican resturant by the stockyards(which one right hehe), QuacaMaya, is pretty danged tasty.

Ryan

·
Registered
47 Posts

Hey Guys,

I am in Omaha also. I've meant to get over to DM to hook up with some of you but haven't been able to get over there...I sold my M900 and just put down a deposit on the new S4R demo Ducati Omaha just got in. They even threw in an hours worth of track time with Doug Polen!!! I wasn't planning on buying something until next spring but I couldn't pass this deal up... :)

Fonzerelli, are you going to the open house tomorrow?

Justin

·
Registered
4,533 Posts

Alan is still in Eastern IA (north liberty).

There are a couple other monster riders around here, in CR and Dubuque, but they hang out on the DRILL board most of the time.

Later,

mitt

·
Registered
114 Posts

Justin,

I just came from Ducati Omaha and saw the bike you bought. I'm jealous. Granted my S2r1000 is only a couple of months old, but you got the Testastretta (sp?) engine and the coolest color combination I've seen yet on a Monster. That new 07 color is awesome. What's it called?

I love our dealer, even though I've been waiting for my Arrow pipes for over 3 months. I don't think it's their fault entirely. They give me great deals on anything I buy, but they are having problems with their Arrow distributor. Maybe I'll run into you tomorrow at the open house.

Hey Ryan and Mitt, can we make this an Iowa/Nebraska thread? If its a difficult change, then don't bother, but I think you would get more postings if you could amend it. I'd like to get some guys in Omaha involved and of course I have the DSM connection.

The Jon I know has the blue and white S4. Gotta be the same guy. I went to high school with him but don't know him very well.

Cheers
Kevin Koester

·
Premium Member
102 Posts

Hey guys!  What a great idea, our own little home!  I moved from Cedar Rapids to North Liberty this summer, but still ride all over the place.  I'm always up for going for a ride and love planning rides with groups of us.  I'll ride pretty much up until it snows also.  If the weather holds out this weekend I'll prob try and rack up a bunch of miles if anyone wants to join me.  I'll spread the word about the forum, hopefully we'll get more locals!

Interested in riding drop me an email at [email protected], I check that most.

See you guys later,
Alan
05 S2r
07 Desmocedicci RR  [laugh]

·
Premium Member
102 Posts

does anyone know how we can get listed under "Local Clubs" on the Main Panel on the left side of the screen???
-Alan

·
Registered
47 Posts

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the comments...I stopped by late this afternoon and took it for a spin, REALLY REALLY nice. I had an '01 M900 that I really loved but found somone who liked it more than I did a month or two ago and so I sold it. I basically had my heart set on the S4RS after test riding it at the first open house, but when I saw this on Ducati's site recently I had to check it out...and loved the color when I saw it yesterday in person. I believe Ducati calls it Titanium. I suspect they will have the Red/White here next year. You'll have to ride it tomorrow...to me it's very smooth power. I've never purchased a "demo" before, but I'm expecting a little bit of wear and tear...maybe it's better to let someone else put the first scratch on it!

I will likely be there in the morning as I'd like to get some pictures, etc.

Looking forward to meeting you!

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I will let MM know to add a subtitle saying IA and NE bikes...
But we are still going by DRIowa(unless people have a problem with the name).

Anyway, working hard today so I will post up more later...

Ryan

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
prince_ruben said:
Kremzar Wazzup! I'm coming to Dubuque soon, home to see you cats!
When are you coming in? Call me and I'll try and meet up with ya. Maybe I can get some other Duc's to join up!
PM for my cell# if you don't have it anymore.
-Alan

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Weather has been just fine. Sometimes I think my Monster was born in England as it runs worlds better when its cool and damp.

I've been riding to work everyday the past 3 weeks. Only day I decided not to was when they were predicting a hard freeze. Diddn't want to hit some ice on the way to work.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Hello and good luck w/ the board. Last night you guys were in the MOCHA thoughts. We talked about needing to arrange rides w/ other midwest groups. I see Ruben and Alan are in contact, keep us posted!

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome TL.

Mitt and AlanKremzar are in your neighborhood. There are others on the eastern edge of the stae/in Ill as well.

Planning on doing a DRIowa Xmas party or post New Years party to just get together and shoot the **** or drink ourselves and significant others silly. Mitt is a proud new papa, so we may have to do his drinkin for him. Either way, it has the potential to be a hot time in the ole cornfield.

I will speak with a few folks and gauge interest and if there is enough, then it will be a go.

Anyway, ride safe(those still riding *peers at self in the mirror and wonders WTF is he thinking*).

Ryan

1 - 20 of 39 Posts