Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my duc has a strange noise from the rear wheel. I checked the bearings recently and couldn’t notice any play. Another remarkable thing that was that the noise was gone when I released the wheel nut a bit.. When moving forwards, I only hear noise. While moving backwards it feels like the wheel bumps over somethings with a little noticeable resistance.. help..?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Chain is too tight or buggered. Or the LH spacer between the Sprocket Carrier and swingarm is missing and the sprocket nuts are hitting the swing arm (had this on my 900SSie, and it was the last time I let someone else change my tyres for me)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help! Yes I took the wheel out and checked the bearings. I couldn't discover any play here. I also tried to move the wheel while it was mounted, same story. When I installed the wheel again, I really took care about the tension of the chain. So that is not my first thought. Also because the noise depends on the position of the wheel. On every 360° spin, the noise occurs on the same place. I will take a closer look and come back to you guys!

·
Registered
379 Posts
easy to check, remove the chain. Just because there is no play in the bearing, does not mean it's ok. could be a stuffed roller.
try with chain removed. At least then you know if it's bearing or something else.
I'm thinking as said, a spacer is back to front.
If it still happens, with chain off, remove the brake caliper, you get it, isolate the noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts