Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok on Sunday I was riding home from about an 150+ mile day and as I was slowing down for traffic I started to downshift...then I hear some "Grinding" Noise as if I was changing gears w/ out clutching. I really can't explain why this was happening. and it was occuring on both up and down shift, but after about 30+ seconds the "grinding" noise stopped when I changed gears again.

What was that noise? Scared the hell out of me, I thought the bike was going to die on me right there, but fortunately I got home ok but I haven't ridden it today so I don't know if they is going to be a reocurring issue.

Any input regarding this issue is greatly apprecaited, TIA...

·
Registered
221 Posts
that has happened to me if i am "between gears". Hit the gear shift a little harder and it should go away....if it is the same thing.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
sounds like a false neutral, seems to be pretty common on many monsters. like dan suggests, try more deliberate shifts and you should not have that problem. my bike used to do that when fairly new, but happens a lot less now that its broken in.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I've been hearing grinding myself lately at slow speed. Only started happening after the 12k service. Almost sounds like a small branch being crunched by the chain. I can't figure it out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts