Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have their S4 disassembled right now?

If so, could you possibly weigh the following parts:
Top triple clamp
LH riser/bar assembly
RH riser/bar assembly

Anyone out there have the CycleCat risers that would be used with their triple clamp on an S4, or know their weight?

Reason for asking is that I am looking at possibly replacing the above stock parts with:

CycleCat top triple clamp (1lb 9.3oz)
CycleCat risers (LH and RH) (? lb for the pair)
CycleCat adjustable clip-ons (1lb 15oz for the pair)

Jim G

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Weight of stock & CycleCat S4 triple,riser

I received some data from Alfred at CycleCat today:

DTC7 top triple: 22 oz

DBR23 risers & clip-ons: 45 oz (includes bar sliders)

Therefore a "complete" CycleCat triple/riser/clip-ons set for my S4 weighs 67 oz = 4lb 3 oz.

Anyone know what a stock S4 triple and combo risers/bars weigh?

DRS33 rearsets: 56 oz (includes all parts, including foot pegs and levers- note the stock brake & gearshift levers not used)

DEH3 passenger mounts & pegs: 25 oz (includes both brackets and footpegs)

When I weighed my LH rider and and passenger footpeg assermbly recently (2 lb 15ooz), I foolishly did not weigh the gearshift lever nor the rear brake pedal from the RH side, so cannot do a compaison.

Anyone know the weight of the stock rear brake pedal and of the gearshift lever?

Jim G

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

My stock bar/risers are currently out on loan..if you're still short on that info when I get 'em back, I'll weigh 'em.

I don't imagine the CC bar setup is any lighter than stock, seeing as there's more parts and fasteners. I've got the tall CC bars, bought 'em for the comfort only..........

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Speeddog830: Thanks for the rescue on the weight of the stock parts!

I'll look forward to getting that from you!

Jim G

·
Registered
110 Posts

JimGnitecki,

I'm just about finished with putting my bike back together from my winter upgrade (slipped a 996 into my '02 S4). I have a bike trip to Canada next week, but when I get back I'll be tearing the bike apart again for another upgrade (single sided swingarm). I plan on doing a butt load of stock part weighing. Strati has graciously offered to swing by with a digital scale to get some weights on various bits.

I should end up with a pretty inclusive stock part weight list in the end. I'll add the gear shift and brake pedal to my "to-weigh" list. Probably be two weeks before I got numbers though.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

JM-996S4: Thanks! Working together, we can build a formidable library of information that everyone can benefit from.

Jim G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts