Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continuing the S4 weight reduction effort:

I took off my LH rider and passenger peg assembly this afternoon to weigh it. I EXcluded the shift lever and linkage, as I assume they are reused when replacing the pegs with rearsets and optional aftermarket passengers pegs. I INcluded all the spacers, since some may or may not be reused with aftermarket parts. The weight of the LH assembly as described above was 2lb 15oz, which is a close match to the 3lb that I have heard from others. Since we have LH and RH assemblies, figure 5lb 14oz for the two, ot 5.9lb.

Apparently, per S&P, their rearsets weigh 2.2lb, plus another 2.2lb if you use the easily detachable passenger mounts and pegs. So, with S&P, the weight reduction is 3.7 lb if you use reasets only, and still 1.5lb if you add the passenger pegs occasionally.

Per Stuart at Spareshack, I could use HIS passenger assemblies with the CycleCat DRS-33 rearsets. His passenger asemblies weigh 700g - 1.54 lb for the pair. However, he does not know the weight of the CycleCat DRS-33 rearsets. Does anyone out there happen to know or have access to a pair to weigh?

Once I know that weight, I can figure out if the CycleCat plus Spareshack solution is lighter than the S&P solution, as well as of course being much more adjustable.

Anybody know?

Jim G

·
Registered
59 Posts
JimGnitecki said:
Continuing the S4 weight reduction effort:

I took off my LH rider and passenger peg assembly this afternoon to weigh it. I EXcluded the shift lever and linkage, as I assume they are reused when replacing the pegs with rearsets and optional aftermarket passengers pegs. I INcluded all the spacers, since some may or may not be reused with aftermarket parts. The weight of the LH assembly as described above was 2lb 15oz, which is a close match to the 3lb that I have heard from others. Since we have LH and RH assemblies, figure 5lb 14oz for the two, ot 5.9lb.

Apparently, per S&P, their rearsets weigh 2.2lb, plus another 2.2lb if you use the easily detachable passenger mounts and pegs. So, with S&P, the weight reduction is 3.7 lb if you use reasets only, and still 1.5lb if you add the passenger pegs occasionally.

Per Stuart at Spareshack, I could use HIS passenger assemblies with the CycleCat DRS-33 rearsets. His passenger asemblies weigh 700g - 1.54 lb for the pair. However, he does not know the weight of the CycleCat DRS-33 rearsets. Does anyone out there happen to know or have access to a pair to weigh?

Once I know that weight, I can figure out if the CycleCat plus Spareshack solution is lighter than the S&P solution, as well as of course being much more adjustable.

Anybody know?

Jim G
Sorry not to be able to help here, but I am curious about these spareshack passenger pegs. I am looking for some adjustable pegs for my wife and can't find any. Have you got any information regarding the passenger pegs, such as a manufacturer or a website?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm afraid that I don't have any of that info. I suggest you contact Stuart at Spareshack.

Jim G

1 - 4 of 4 Posts