Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, like most I'm itching for some exhaust and I've seen how much most aftermarket 2 into 2 setups save in weight over stock, but does anyone have a weight comparison for the 2 into 1 exhaust. I like the looks, and I like the potential weight savings, but if its not that much lighter than a 2 into 2, then I might go for the symmetry instead. I've seen references to it being lighter, I just can't find a number. Ideally, we could list 3 basic weights in this thread:
1) stock
2) typical 2 into 2 aftermarket (assume carbon / Ti)
3) 2 into 1 (carbon)
Thanks for the info if you've got it.
Chris

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the pipe your speaking of (I think) I havnet weighed it Bot it is MUCH lighter than stock, and Lighter than My Current Termignonis wich are also MUCH lighter than OEM. The Exhaust canister its self is shorter than a 2-2 and oval shaped so there is a further weight saving there

·
Registered
669 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Unless you shorten the headpipes and reweld them it wont fit. The cylinders on the 900 are longer therefore the headpipes are as well, but if you knew a good welder it could be done.

·
Registered
669 Posts
ducman,

yeah that's exactly what i meant. :p

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Im sure it was LiZrD, I was just pointing out what the exact modifications would be needed :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts