Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather forcast looks great for this coming weekend. Anyone up for a nice, leisurely ride, maybe to WV? I stress the word "leisurely."

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hmm, wonder what the weather is like in the mountains this coming weekend. I am up for any riding.

·
Registered
124 Posts
yuu said:
Interested interested... got more details?
You see, it's on this thing called a motorcycle (I hear you have one of those, I however, don't). You get on (and gear up) and follow the person in front of you. But, not too close. Continue that for a while with a few stops for gas. Then, you stop for food and tell tall tales of your adventure. After all that, you gear up and get back on the bike and repeat the same process getting home.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
slowpoke13 said:
You get on (and gear up)
Personally I gear up first. Generally the Arlington county PD frowns upon striding about naked. Alexandria though... I hear they are a bit 'funny' down there.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'm definetly blowing out of town this weekend if the weather cooperates, maybe take some back roads to buena vista, stay over at the HI express with Applebees next door then some back roads back Sunday AM. Probably a spirited pace - stop at every turn to re-group. Not sure which Ducati I will take. Let me know if you want to join me - Gene

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Figures. I'm going to get my ST4s back from Speeds in time for me to get on a plane to go to Maine for a small vacation with the wife. I couldnt talk her into riding there. :(

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ian has TWO bikes to your zero.

Gene, a CAMping trip? Nah, too last minute for a large group. Buena Vista does sound fun, but I'm also entertaining day trip ideas. River Road was suggested by dc a while ago....

·
Registered
928 Posts
My idea of camping is a Holiday Inn. River road would be a very short trip and when it turns to gravel near Poolesville you need to turn right into Poolesville or turn around. You might consider taking Rt. 9 West to 29 South to 50 East, that would make for a nice day trip. - Gene

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm back down to one bike. The 620 has a new home.

I'm only in for a day trip. I've got a hound, so I need to be back to look after him.

·
Registered
74 Posts
yuu said:
I'm back down to one bike. The 620 has a new home.

I'm only in for a day trip. I've got a hound, so I need to be back to look after him.
Yup, the new home/owner is me :) I'd love to join you all, but consider I've just began riding since last weekend, I was glad that I made it out the driveway alive (and no dents / scratches to the bike of course -- you can breath now Ian)

But I do look forward to joining in the fun sometime soon.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I wish I could be in, but I can't do a whole day.

My wife is having friend in town, and I need to at least act like I like them for once. [laugh]

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
We've got enough time, I'm sure we could find some gear for her friends and stick 'em on pillon [thumbsup]

·
Registered
480 Posts
2vtwin said:
River road would be a very short trip and when it turns to gravel near Poolesville you need to turn right into Poolesville or turn around. You might consider taking Rt. 9 West to 29 South to 50 East, that would make for a nice day trip. - Gene
Where River Rd turns to gravel, you can go to Poolesville and then head west on White's Ferry Rd., take the ferry to Leesburg ($2, runs continuously), then US15/US15 bus. south into Leesburg Old Town, stop at the Downtoon Saloon for refreshment (very biker-friendly, including ducs.), take Bus. Rt. 7/Rt.7 west to Rt.9 and continue as above. On your way back on US50, stop at Hunter's Head in Upperville for early dinner and more refreshment; Glenn, the head bartender is a friend of mine -- I go there every Sunday nite.

Have fun. Wish I could join you but have a full dance card except for Sun between 2PM and 5PM. :(

For what it's worth, I love to camp and have equipment to fit in my Ventura touring-luggage setup. So in the spring....

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
jwbowen said:
Where River Rd turns to gravel, you can go to Poolesville and then head west on White's Ferry Rd., take the ferry to Leesburg ($2, runs continuously), then US15/US15 bus. south into Leesburg Old Town, stop at the Downtoon Saloon for refreshment (very biker-friendly, including ducs.), take Bus. Rt. 7/Rt.7 west to Rt.9 and continue as above. On your way back on US50, stop at Hunter's Head in Upperville for early dinner and more refreshment; Glenn, the head bartender is a friend of mine -- I go there every Sunday nite.
That sounds like a cool ride...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Where's route 9? I'm trying to plot thos on gmaps.. but I can't find Rt 9 pst Leeburg.

What I've got so far:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=532501

You can edit this - just post up the new link when you save it.

And here's a thought:
After Leesburg, cutting SW thought Middleburg, The Plains and Flint hill?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts