Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Scenario:
A brand new 07 695 ridden hard over the last five months. Granted, not irresponsibly hard, just a lot of ride time... say 8,000+ miles. All servicing and oil changes have been maintained.

Questions:
In regards to the general wear and tear on the bike, is this considered an excessive number of miles in the given time period?

Are there specific maintenance concerns that could arise in the future? i.e. tire replacement?

Should this much riding have required more frequent maintenance,.. beyond the 600m service and regular oil changes?

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
i'd say you'll be just fine with regular maintainence. i'd keep an eye on tire wear, and make sure i'm properly maintaining the chain and sprockets.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
If the bike i well maintained and not abused the only effect the mileage has is resale value Oh, the bike should have had it's 7,500 $ervice which includes valve adjustment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
These bikes enjoy being ridden. With regular servicing you'll probably find a regular ridden monster is in better running state than one that does not get ridden. You will find it also tends to get more dirty the more often you ride. [laugh]

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Hmmm - that's quite a fews miles over that period of time. I gather you are interested in buying said bike?

Anyway - I'd say I'd be more inclined to buy a newer bike with a few more miles on it - providing it's been lovingly cared for - than an older bike - with an equal - or even lesser number of miles - that has also been cared for - even if the price is more expensive on the newer one.

The plus of buying a newer one - minimal corrosion - or other weather related effects (and the effects on electricals of sitting idle for a long time) that may impact on an older bike. Providing of course that the new bike hasn't been ridden through some sort of $hit$torm or something...

On top of that - you've got any spec upgrades that may have been implemented along the way.

If however you are only looking at an 07 695 as your bike of choice, then of course a lower mileage one is probably preferable - providing alllother factors are equal.

Cheers...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice guys...

unfortunately ... owner of said bike has decided not to sell.

Thanks again for the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts