1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from mio amico marco zanchi from milano -

WDW2007

MILANO, Martedì 14 Novembre 2006

It's official! Yesterday during the event DUCATI WINNING AGAIN held in Milan, within the launch event of the new DUCATI models for 2006 ad, most of all, the launch of the new, unique, 1098 it has finally been announced the date of the 2007 edition of the World Ducati Week.

Be ready for it! The WDW2007 will be in the week including the week end 29 June /1st of July.
Soon we will provide more infos (where, lenght, more...)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ciao -

when ducati runs wdw, they include wpm in same week ... usually we have one big meeting (like we did at wpm this year), adn a bunch of smaller meetings.

anyway, it's all good, cuz we meet at the factory and get bikes for the entire week ;-)

ciao,
johnc

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
johnc said:
ciao -

when ducati runs wdw, they include wpm in same week ... usually we have one big meeting (like we did at wpm this year), adn a bunch of smaller meetings.

anyway, it's all good, cuz we meet at the factory and get bikes for the entire week ;-)

ciao,
johnc
Sorry John..I didn't let you know that this is Adam (former VP from Desert Ducatisti).

I'm hoping to get something going by the end of the year in this area so I can possibly go to the WPM again in '07! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IZ said:
Sorry John..I didn't let you know that this is Adam (former VP from Desert Ducatisti).

I'm hoping to get something going by the end of the year in this area so I can possibly go to the WPM again in '07! [thumbsup]
ciao mio amico adam - hows the sun burn? [cheeky]

hope to see you @ wdw2007 ... will be too much fun again, as the event will most likely have us staying in rimini again (think: place where marco drank way too much table wine, and barfed all night and next day;-)

ciao,
johnc

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
johnc said:
ciao mio amico adam - hows the sun burn? [cheeky]

hope to see you @ wdw2007 ... will be too much fun again, as the event will most likely have us staying in rimini again (think: place where marco drank way too much table wine, and barfed all night and next day;-)

ciao,
johnc
There was so much that was going on..I didn't even know that happened to him!! [laugh]

Sunburn?! I still have no clue what triggered that reaction?! ?! ?! !?! !?! !
I'm hoping to go but who knows what will happen between now and then?

If we stay in Rimini again?! OMG..that would be great! Hope to see you and all the other Presidents! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IZ said:
There was so much that was going on..I didn't even know that happened to him!! [laugh]

Sunburn?! I still have no clue what triggered that reaction?! ?! ?! !?! !?! !
I'm hoping to go but who knows what will happen between now and then?

If we stay in Rimini again?! OMG..that would be great! Hope to see you and all the other Presidents! [thumbsup]
ciao mio amico -

marco drank way too much of the cheapo house red at the night club we ate dinner at in rimini (remember, the hot stripper?), anyway, he had the worst case of drunk sick i have ever heard ... a cross between a hickup and a dry heave ... and he kept this noise of almost dying going all night long [cheeky]

if they hold wdw at missano, we will stay at the same hotel, as ducati has a good deal with the owners of the hotel de amici.

ciao,
johnc

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I missed the female when I ran back to the hotel!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I saw the pics!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

I wonder if we could still get a bike from Bologna and ride it over to Rimini??

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IZ said:
I missed the female when I ran back to the hotel!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I saw the pics!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

I wonder if we could still get a bike from Bologna and ride it over to Rimini??
what female? there were so many of them on last trip, i can't keep them all sorted out [cheeky]

as for bikes for wdw2007, the presidents should get bikes at the factory for the week, then we ride to rimini (hopefully not at 50KMH again ;-)

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
johnc said:
what female? there were so many of them on last trip, i can't keep them all sorted out [cheeky]

as for bikes for wdw2007, the presidents should get bikes at the factory for the week, then we ride to rimini (hopefully not at 50KMH again ;-)
We got to open them up a bit after we left Todi. You were in that group going through the tunnel on the way to the Cafe Racer bar, right??

The female dancer in Rimini..that's who I was referrring to. I missed out!! :'(

LOL..I had a chance to ride pretty quick on my solo mission back to the factory following the MotoGP (after I lost Rino on the Autostrada)! ;) That was an adventure that I am sad I can't share with anyone, i.e.: getting lost in Bologna, in the rain, without gear, no knowledge of the language and a dead cell phone! I survived though!
;)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ciao adam -

ah yes ... the stripper in rimini ... you missed a great performance indeed.

yes, i was in the group that got to speed up on the way to the waterfall/cafe racer club. also was the one that had the front end start swapping from lock to lock on the way to rome ... this was when we wicked it up to get to rome before the garage was supposed to close, so we were doing an indicated 105 mph (with kph conversion;-). it happened just before we stopped on the super strada for benzine before reaching rome. all i could think of was not to loose it, as i was right behind andrea and marco at the front, so if i went down, all the others behind me would have possibly been taken out from the bike sliding on the street ... not what i want to be remembered for causing :-X

did not know that you got lost on way back from mugello coming into bologna ... that must have sucked. but glad you found your way back to the factory ok.

see you next year @ wdw2007.

ciao,
johnc

A

·
0 Posts
Why was there no stripper when I went in 2005? I mean, we were at the convent and there were nuns but that would'a been too much work!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Prince Ruben said:
Why was there no stripper when I went in 2005? I mean, we were at the convent and there were nuns but that would'a been too much work!
now that's just wrong ruben ... a nun stripper. you are going straight to hell young man >:D

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ciao a tutti -

from federico minoli's blog @ ducati.com, comments from lucio attinà (director of the ducati community) on wdw2007:

Dear ducatisti,

I see you are as enthusiastic as we are!

Therefore we are glad to give you more infos. The fifth edition of the WDW will take place from Thursday june 28th to Sunday July 1st, 2007, and will be held at the Santa Monica racetrack in Misano, Italy: sun, beaches and above all lots of red passion!

We are all working very hard to build up the program, as it will contain the very best of the Desmo passion: riders, track, new bikes, music, food and lots of fun for everybody.

Some of you were worried about the fact that on the same weekend there is also the Assen GP race. Don’t worry, the Ducati GP riders will join us after the race (that we will watch on a maxi screen on Saturday) and spend the whole Sunday with us.

Please don’t stop dreaming your own WDW and sending us your ideas; your advices are so precious to us.
Season’s greetings and… gentlemen (and ladies), start your engines: WDW is near!

Lucio

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Grrrr..

DOn't thinki I'll make it this year. We might be going "down unda" this summer to check out Melbourne, AUS & Wellington, NZ. Not as exciting as the WDW but we'll still be traveling so that's cool! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dude ... attend wdw and you will see lots of people from nz and au ... and most important, lots of italian ladies ... perhaps the stripper in rimini again ;D

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ciao a tutti -

here is the latest press release from DOC on WDW2007:

WORLD DUCATI WEEK 2007

The World Ducati Week is set to return in 2007. The fifth edition of the greatest bike show on earth will take place from June 28th to July 1st at the “Misano World Circuit” in Misano Adriatico (Rn). The stars of this year’s edition, as always, will be the racetrack, the factory Ducati Corse riders, the shows, the events, music and entertainment.

The dates for the fifth edition of the World Ducati Week, the show organized by the Italian manufacturer on the Adriatic Riviera for thousands of motorcyclists from all over the world, have been announced.

WDW 2007 will be held from Thursday June 28th to Sunday July 1st at the “Misano World Circuit”, an ideal venue to celebrate the world of Ducati. WDW 2007 will revolve around bikes, but not only, and will represent a week of entertainment on the Riviera.

Like all previous WDWs, this year’s edition will see the presence of the factory Ducati Corse riders, shows and events, laps of the track, the products of the 2007 model range, food, music and guaranteed entertainment for all participants.

The factory Superbike riders have already confirmed that they will be present, while the MotoGP riders will arrive at Misano at the end of the Dutch TT round in Assen to spend a festive day with their fans on Sunday.

The WDW has always been synonymous with parties and entertainment and this year is no different, with the addition of a major local event. On the night of June 30th in fact, the entire Adriatic Riviera from Rimini to Cattolica will pulsate to the rhythm of the ‘Notte Rosa’ (Pink Night), the second edition of the all-night event organized by the Province of Rimini to celebrate the summer. From dusk to dawn, the night of June 30th/July 1st will be one non-stop party, a party tinged with pink but which will turn to red when thousands of Ducatisti take to the streets of the Riviera following the four-day appointment at the “Misano World Circuit”.

WDW 2007 will once again be a memorable event under the banner of motorcycle passion.

A detailed programme of events is currently being finalized and will soon be published on the www.ducati.com website in a specially dedicated area.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ciao a tutti -

well, i booked my flight today for wpm and wdw2007.

more info is leaking from ducati about the wpm and wdw events ... this year promises to be very cool indeed. for wpm, LOTS more riding this year, and hopefully not at parade lap speeds :'(

michael, bring your fire proof pants ... this wpm is gonna be great 8)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts