Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We added an M695 to the 03 ST4s. There is not much room for the tire repair kit or much else. Even the tool kit is pretty sparse compared to the ST4s.

What have any of you done to carry extra items on the bike? Looking for suggestions besides the backpack and adding hard luggage. Thanks.

Dave Harhay

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I can get a minimal tool kit and tire repair kit under the seat, but it is FULL.

For any other stuff, I add a tank bag.

If I am going on an overnighter, a tail bag.

mitt

·
Registered
969 Posts
Cortech Sport Tailbag.

Guys on here raved about it and now I am one of them.

I think tank bags hide one of the nicest looking areas on our machines, tail bag not so much.

I think mine was like $53...probably some of the most bang for the buck I have spent on the monster.

Of course no good for two up.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
1st....get a Sargent Seat...the storage cannister under the seat holds a crap load of stuff!....way more than the stock seat pocket storage thing...

depending on what you want....as far as size and where you prefer to lug certain things....this company makes VERY smart alternate sized and idea cargo luggage... http://www.rapid-transit.com/rt/index.htm and I personally have the SWAT833 as a tool bag in my tailbag and it is a VERY sturdy design...their mid-packs are also a very brilliant idea and worth considering also!

·
Registered
517 Posts
it's not technically hard luggage, so i'll mention the ventura rack. i pretty much keep the short sport rack on my bike most of the time. it gives me room to run errands after work and such, however it's not as bulky as a top box. btw, i don't have the bags that fit it, i just strap stuff to the rack whenever necessary.

http://www.ventura-bike.com/english/fitments/display.asp?manufacturer_id=5

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
christianweisser said:
I added some side pouches that are good for small items like wallet, glasses, garage opener, etc. See my post at:

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=62724.0;prev_next=prev
I saw the EBay auction for those.....from Italy or something weren't they?...anyways...I was curious how those things would do in a different placement...like say for instance...in place of the plastic panels on the side underneath the seat.

·
Registered
726 Posts
zooom said:
I saw the EBay auction for those.....from Italy or something weren't they?...anyways...I was curious how those things would do in a different placement...like say for instance...in place of the plastic panels on the side underneath the seat.
They *might* fit there. It wouldn't be a perfect fit but it could work.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Fromhttp://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/171/, this is one non-disruptive way of carrying things while keeping the scratches off your tank. The piece is bolted to your gas cap and the tank bag latches onto it. The pics are from another dml member, was planning to get myself one.

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
I used ratchet straps to tie down a full seabag for a cross country trip once. It worked well until I had to get off. Then I had to either swing my leg 4' high to clear the bag or do a little hop straight out the side. It was almost like riding with a passenger who never gets off the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
+1 on the Cortech Sport Tailbag. My Bro-in-law and I have been using them for a couple of years now. Excellent. Perfect for the monster.

LA

·
Registered
930 Posts
I have the ventura as well, and I love it.

It detaches with ease and when on, is great, not distracting from the lines of the bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.