Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to biking completely. I love the ducati monster, have for years. But at a height of 5'4 the seat height on the monster is just that, a monster. I can barely tip toe the ground. Is there anyway to tame the seat height on these things?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I will be lowering mine after I get back from cancun. I am buying a part for $109 plus labor to install, they say around $150 total and it will drop me up to an inch and a half or quarter, I can't remember. The inch alone it what I need.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
What part? At the risk of losing My turn on the Monster completely, this would make my wife (5'2") much happier.
Doc

O

·
0 Posts
Hey Moderator:

Questions on lowering 2002 and later Monsters were answered in detail in a discussion I participated in with Daisy in May 2003. The "short riders FAQ" don't actually give info on lowering the bike. For example, the suspension link lowers the bike 1.5", not .5". Since this question gets asked constantly, can we get the info in the above discussion placed somewhere for easy reference?

Thanks!

Oldyellowbiker

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm 5'4" and my seat height is 30.3 which is okay for me. I can't get both heels on the ground at the same time, but the bike is light enough that I feel comfortable when I come to quick stops. The 31 seats were too high for me, however, which was what determined my final buying decision. I could have modified it, but I opted for the lower seat height.

I also wear boots with a thick sole, probably about 3/4" - 1" high.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
2002 and later. Oh Well.

Doc
'99 M900

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys (and gals), all really good info. I did find that discussion in May 2003 and it had some really good info too.

I already had figured I'd have to wear some sort of heel, and knew about custom seating. I just wasn't sure if anything could be done mechanicly (adjustment or kits) to lower it even further.

Some of it could be I'm "husky" (that's the nice way my wife likes to describe my handles) and to boot I've got short legs. The seat height of the monsters (30.1 to 31.0) is just to much, I can barely tip toe. I recently sat on a 2003 buell XB9SL that has a listed height of 28.6 and I could "almost" plant my heels, I was really excited as it was the first sport bike I could fit on. I figured I needed 2-2.5 inches and I could have my dream bike! And that's the reason I came to you guys, Thanks!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts