1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Yes, several folks here have 'em.

S

·
0 Posts
i've got a rear unit. bought it in hopes of saving some weight. didn't save as much as i'd hoped (4.0 oz) but it looks pretty slick and works well enough.

that said, i jumped on the chance to pickup an unused nichols aluminum rear rotor (thanks again norm!) which weighs just 9.4 oz (compared to the 1 lbs 14.4 oz stock brembo)! not intended for heavy use but i rarely get on the rear so i'm not concerned.

someday over the rainbow (when i've got a minute of free time), i'll actually swap 'em.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Strati, if you swap the rear rotor would you be interested in selling the wave?

Gator

S

·
0 Posts
Strati, if you swap the rear rotor would you be interested in selling the wave?

Gator
maybe... i'll want to get a ride in with the nichols to make sure it's for me (i expect no probs) and there's snow in boston again so i dunno how soon this'll happen.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Snow, yeah we don't have it as bad down here in Delaware but I woke up to a few inches this morning.
And to think I rode to work Monday, in the mid 50's.
Come on spring time!!
Let me know what you decide.

R

·
0 Posts
I usually keep my tenticles to myself, but waved rotors are apn my list too. But for all they wrong reasons. Every since I saw that picture of I think Fillmore's bike in the snow last year, I loved the look. I guess my whole bike is inspired by his bike. To me its the nicest Monster I have seen yet. Magnus and Scooby's bike have inspired me too. Mine will be a combination of the three.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Galfer makes some real nice ones. You can keep the stock calipers, but it would probably be a good idea to replace the pads. They're on my list as well. Very snazzzzyy...

R

·
0 Posts
I am not sure what pads to get. I have used HH pads on my R1's and liked them a lot.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I've heard good things about the galfer pads, except that they're supposed to wear out a bit too quickly. Personally, I use EBC and they seem fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts