Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some cool weather gloves that are waterproof. Really waterproof. I've got the Olympia Model 4650 Ultima I Gloves which stayed dry for about 30 minutes and the Joe Rocket Nitrogen Gloves which stayed dry about 15 minutes. Anyone out there actually have cooler weather gloves that don't get soaked?

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I have a pair of Belstaff (Atlas, I think) which have a waterproof/breathable membrane that have been very, very good. They are probably difficult to find now, but I imagine most of the Belstaff "waterproof" gloves will be equally good. Those Brits know stuff about rain, I tell ya!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I'd stay away from any brand of gloves that use the HIPORA brand waterproof membrane (like Racer). I've had it in two brands now, and both gloves totally leaked. It's supposedly a glove-within-a-glove construction, so there are no seams in the membrane, and yet it still leeks like a sieve. Id go for Gore-Tex...

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Stop by your local BMW dealer. They have several versions of Gore-Tex lined gloves.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
The problem I find with most waterproof gloves is that either a) water trickles in the gauntlet or b) your hands get wet when you take them off and then it becomes almost impossible to get them on again. Anyone else have the same issues?

I'm thinking of going the 'buy the XXL blue dishwash gloves' route the next time I go for a longish ride in the rain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts