Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i confirmed from buysafe.com help representatives that my thread from earlier.. http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=66289.0 named "is this a scam".. IS a scam.. so be careful for anyone buying on craigslist... if they try and sell you anything and say that you make payments through buySAFE.com IT IS A SCAM.. now don't get me wrong.. buySAFE.com is a legitimate website.. and works through eBay and a few other big websites .. but NOT craigslist..

so anyways.. i'm totally bummed.. :-\ am i ever gonna find a monster for 3 grand?? is that wishful thinking??
let me know everyone if you ever see any... i don't mind if it is an older monster or a 620.. i don't need a 10,000 cc engine...... it IS my first bike.. i just want to get into a ducati for not more than 3500 after shipping costs.. i'm from las vegas and from dec 14th to january 14th i'll be home in south dakota.. so i have a lot of area i can cover with trying to find a bike.. but it seems like there is a vortex connecting south dakota and Las vegas.. and within that ranger there are NO ducati's in my price range..

are there ever like '99-'01 620 darks for that price??? if you guys see anything.. let me know and i'd be sooo appreciative... thanks for all your time and help everyone.. you all have been life savers..

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
I have a 2000 M900i.e. for sale, all stock, $4700 in NW PA.

I don't think it would be too bad for a first bike, providing you have some self control (but that goes for any 1st bike, really.)

Kevin

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ha your right.. shows my beginnerism.. i just made that word up.. well a even slightly older 750 monster would be awesome..
Basically what i'm trying to find is a 750 or below... assumingly 01 and previous... i don't think i could get newer than that anddd get a bike with shipping if need be.. for less than 3500 cause i really don't wanna spend 4000 grand if i can help it.. cause then i gotta get my helmet.. and a jacket.. and other gear... do the prices keep reducing during winter months.. because i still look at kbb.com and nada.com and the pricings are still so far below what people actually price at..
so anyways 3500 after shipping if need be.. where can i look guys?? specifics?? any direct links you guys have looked by? craigslist is good.. but i'm jaded from that bad scam experience.
thanks dml'ers
-christian

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JUST FOR EVERYONE TO KNOW.. I DID FIND OUT THAT BUYSAFE IS ONLY THROUGH EBAY.. AND A FEW OTHER BIG BANKING COMPANIES.. NOT THROUGH CRAIGSLIST.. CRAIGSLIST+BUYSAFE=YOU GETTING SCREWED

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah.. i think i found the specified bike.. but that is just to cycletrader's search engine.. but if you search ducati monster at that price under the "nationwide" option i think i found the one she was talking about

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I bought my '02 900ie for $3200 with just under 6000k on the clock, and some mild mods.

Then again, I bought it from a guy that needed to leave the country.....quickly.

·
Registered
333 Posts
oops sorry about that ::) -the bike was located in ledgewood, nj. with the six thousand mile service coming up you might be able to negotiate a lower price.

·
Registered
602 Posts
if you can wait find the salvage yards around the area you live in, go and find out if they deal with ducati. i got my M750 with a salvage title for $2000. its a 00 model which i bought in 02. it was a great deal, the bike runs strong and had no cosmetic flaws. the key with salvage bikes is to not rush and wait for the bike you want, don't get the first one you come accross. hope this helps

·
Registered
977 Posts
Say, I love Craigslist. I read it everyday, maybe 3 or more times, looking for that great deal on a bike. I've bought lots of stuff off the list. But I would never, ever, buy something off the list that I couldn't go look at before buying. There are no protections. Further, I'd advise that if you need to buy on time use your local bank or credit union or where-ever you do your banking.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah thanks for all the help guys.. I will keep on all of those leads.. i'm kind of leary about salvage titles.. i don't really understand them much.. i mean if i did get one from a salvage yard.. i wouldn't really know how to fix it.. and also what exactly makes it salvage.. i mean.. someone can say it's salvage cause they dented the tank.. but for all i know the forks could be bent or something? right??? i'm not really sure how it works....

as for my other searches.. there is one on here actually.. the dml classifieds.. 00 750 dark. which would be awesome.. but it's 3400.. if i could get it for 3500 with shipping i'd probably do it.. lets make an example.. just rough estimates.. but what kind of price do you guys think it would cost to ship something like that from PA to South Dakota or Las Vegas?? any clues.. i'm not really sure what shipping price estimates are.. once again.. thanks for your help guys..
also.. i've found a few other leads.. but unless i get an offer from PA i'm probably going to spend the month sitting on my thumbs and hope to god i catch that "right deal at the right time" thing that happens like once a month on craigslist or cycletrader and get a sweet deal... like the above mentioned article

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
do a search for bike shipping, there are a few threads about it here. If I remember correctly, it was about $350-$500 for shipping coast to coast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts