Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience or ideas on buying a Monster from the Portland dealership, and thus avoiding the 10% sales tax in Washington? I know I'd be hit with excise taxes going back to Washington. Is there any way around this? Someone once told me that if you kept it unregistered for a year, then reigistered it, you save the tax $$. Not sure if this is true, and it certainly bends the law, but has anyone done this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've bought from Idaho and dealership sent bill of sale to local register :( but Oregon could be different.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
What you need is an Oregon address to register it at. Do you have a bud in Oregon? I have both my cars registered at my old friends Hood River address where I USED to live. Plates and license are 1/2 the price as Washington. I now live in Vancouver, WA...

Good Luck!

scooby ;D

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you register the bike in oregon and have a washington driver's license pray the cop that pull's you over is having a good day . friend did that up here and got pulled over and must have been a bad day for the stater cost him almost a $1000 buck's buy the time he paid the ticket the fine for not licensing the vehicle in time the tax and licensing fee and he even had to have the car inspected by the state patrol. Not saying this would happen to you but I just don't see the benefites .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts