Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn't anyone in Washington ever hang out ?
I keep seeing all these guys getting together in Portland and I'm jealous!
I'm getting bored in Olympia. I love my friends here, but they don't like doing the same things I do.

Anyone want to meet up for a drink? I would love to meet some of guys.

Signed,
lonely in Oly...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Come on down to Portland once in a while, we're always ready to hoist a few with a fellow DML'er. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do!! I LOVE Portland. I lived there for a few years and loved it!! I would rather ride my bike down, but the weather sucks now.

Let me know what is going on and maybe I can meet ya'll down there.

Anyone know a cheap place to stay down there? It would be nice to be able to have some drinks and not have to drive all the way home that night. I'd also need to plan it out, cause if I'm staying overnight down there, I've got dogs I'd have to board for the night. Or I guess I could bring them with me...

What's up with the Washington people????

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
olybiker said:
Will do!! I LOVE Portland. I lived there for a few years and loved it!! I would rather ride my bike down, but the weather sucks now.

Let me know what is going on and maybe I can meet ya'll down there.

Anyone know a cheap place to stay down there? It would be nice to be able to have some drinks and not have to drive all the way home that night. I'd also need to plan it out, cause if I'm staying overnight down there, I've got dogs I'd have to board for the night. Or I guess I could bring them with me...

What's up with the Washington people????
Round these parts, we usually pass out at Mo's house if we are too drunk to stay awake.

There is a group that hangs out up towards you - desmonw or ducatinw or something. I can't remember.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
toolfan said:
Round these parts, we usually pass out at Mo's house if we are too drunk to stay awake.

There is a group that hangs out up towards you - desmonw or ducatinw or something. I can't remember.
it's www.desmonorthwest.com

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
krolik said:
I, personally, haven't found this group to be worth hanging out with; aside from one or two that I do ride with. I think they are more interested in being in a club, than in doing what people in clubs do: hang out. If you don't do track days or are in the "in" group, it's pretty ghey. My opinion, of course.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I don't do track days (right now at least), and I'm definitely not in the "in" crowd. Also, I've sometimes found it hard to deal w/ people who look down on me cause I've "only got a 620". I don't need any hassles over what size engine my bike has.

So, if anyone wants to meet up some time, let me know!! I'm gonna keep buggin ya'll until it happens... even if I have to drive to Portland!

I saw the funniest thing the other day when someone referred to having PMS... parked motorcycle syndrome. I think that's what I'm gonna have on these very wet days. I'd love to meet up with people w/ the same syndrome. I guess that's what beer was made for... getting us through the winter. ;)

H

·
0 Posts
Looks as if you are in the same boat I am in --- there does not seem to be anyone to ride with in Spokane -- although I gather my pride, pack the bike up and head over to Seattle a couple times a year.....next year I will have to swing passed Oly........

Lisa

·
Registered
189 Posts
[thumbsup] I'm here in Vancouver, WA. let me know when you come down. I'm old AND slow

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
pdxm900 said:
[thumbsup] I'm here in Vancouver, WA. let me know when you come down. I'm old AND slow
No he's not!

Ok, he is old.....

[laugh]

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pdxm900 said:
We could always meet up in Centralia or something. The Oly Club is fun!
And since you are old, but not slow, you could get there just as fast as I could!!! [laugh]

I would love to meet anyone that is coming through Oly!!

I'd love to meet up w/ you Hunt2!! Let me know if you are coming out this way!

H

·
0 Posts
Great! That would be a good excuse for me to go South from Spokane, down to Portland and up to Seattle , passed olympia...i have not been there since I showed horses at the Trails.....I have heard it is growing really fast.....where's a picture of your bike? do you have a MySpace?

Lisa

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Lisa,

I don't really have pics of my bike online yet. That's one of my winter projects. No myspace yet either. I'll try to remember to drop you a note if I get that going.

Have you got pics or a myspace?

Olympia is pretty cool. Most of the growth is in the towns around it.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Im here in ever so sunny Tacoma, I pootle out Olympia way now and then. Had a quick buzz down to Portland yesterday popped in to the new Motocorsa, nice shop. Tooled around for a while checking the place out. Saw two monsters (and two Klingons) attended a Union meeting and came back today. I had considered stopping in Olympia but after nearly two hours of slab I just pushed on home. And all on a mighty 620 whoo hoo!! [thumbsup]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts