Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warren Miller movie Thurs Nov 30

Interest in getting a group together and seeing Warren Miller's new movie OFF THE GRID?

The showtimes for the valley are either:

Phoenix
DODGE THEATRE
Thursday, November 30th
8:00 pm

or

Tempe
ASU GAMMAGE AUDITORIUM
Friday, December 1st
8:00 pm

Everyone attending Off The Grid will also receive

Free Lift Ticket to Telluride
Free Lift Ticket to Snowbowl
$25 Off at SkiPro
$25 Off at Sport Chalet
Free Subscription to SKIING MAGAZINE

and if we get a group together of 12 or more - Buy 12 or more tickets and get $1 off every ticket plus Warren Miller DVDs and SWAG. The more tickets you buy the more stuff you get (while supplies last.)

So......?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: New Warren Miller movie is out!

IZ said:
Who's Warren Miller?!
He has been making extreme ski movies for years and years, narrates them with a kind of dry sardonic wit and humor, and its all set to some really hard driving music. They are really cool movies. 8)

www.warrenmiller.com

IZ said:
Who skies in AZ anyway!! !! !!

You guys don't get snow!
That's why we have to live vicariously through Warren Miller movies! ;)

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

SheMonster said:
He has been making extreme ski movies for years and years, narrates them with a kind of dry sardonic wit and humor, and its all set to some really hard driving music. They are really cool movies. 8)
Some of my friends in Denver went to the movie already and said that Jeremy Bloom (Olympic Freestyle Skier) does most of the narrating this year.

The movies are typically really good. It's awesome to see them in Denver or Boulder, where there is a hard core group of skiiers / boarders in attendance.

I'll be in Denver next week, otherwise I would be there.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I believe tickets are $16. Have quite a few other riders I know that are interested, so we will probably end up with more than enough for a group buy, just a matter of choosing which showing to go to. I can do either one.

·
Registered
21 Posts

I am in for either one, but my vote is for Friday night so we can hit up Mill Ave. afterwards and MILL around for a bit [thumbsup]

I would even be up for meeting earlier for dinner before the show ;)

·
Premium Member
881 Posts

I may be down also. I don't care which night, but Tempe is close to me. I was already planning to go skiing this year so a free list ticket to someplace may help decide where I end up.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I am going to buy a block of 16 tickets later on today for the Friday show at Gammage if I am able to. Please give me a show of hands if you want one of the tickets, first come first serve.

·
Registered
21 Posts

I just noticed I said I would be in two places at the same time again grrrr. I need a admin... DucDucDaves party is also on Friday. If you didn't already buy the tickets can we go on Thursday instead? If you did already buy them then I will just go to his party when the Movie is done.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

OK, I am going to buy a group of tickets for the Thursday night show at Dodge Theater. Let me know if you want one. It is general admission, doors open at 7, show starts at 8.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Warren Miller movie Thurs Nov 30

I am in for sure, see ya guys there and I can't wait to get back on the snow again [thumbsup] I will take my board in soon and get a few things done on it so I am ready. Now we just need some SNOW!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Warren Miller movie Thurs Nov 30

All the tickets I have are now spoken for, but I believe there are still tickets available if anyone else wants to join us.

We are meeting at Cooperstown for Happy Hour beforehand around 5:30-ish if anyone wants to join in on that as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts