Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, has anyone ever bought the extended warranty on their monster? Was it worth it or not?

Secondly, I'm still deciding what kind of bike to buy. Although it's too cold to test drive a monster, I sat on a 620 i.e. yesterday and the fit was good. I still am having a problem committing to a bike which I can't really ride a passenger.

Has anyone seen the MotoGuzzi 750 Breva? From pictures, it looks pretty good and naked. The engine looks sweet and symetrical. I know it's hp is low but MotoGuzzi's ads show 2 up riding.

Any thoughts on these two ideas?

Thanks,
Frank

G

·
My Duc dealer also sells Guzzi. He has a breva on the floor, and has had it on the floor for 7 months. It's a nice bike, but it aint no Duc! Suspension isn't even in the same league. I guess if you're looking for a reliable cruiser/pleasure bike, the Guzzi isn't a bad choice, but the 620 dark is in the same price range, and is a far more competent bike.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Breva at my local shop has been there for 7 months as well. The dealer said it was designed for the woman rider.....
my wife sure liked it. If you have a choice get the 620... Please.

G

·
I agree with Lee. Guzzi markets that bike for chicks. I sat on it and didn't like the balance, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
My wife can't tell the different between a monster and a 999, but she loves the name Moto - Guzzi. She always asks about them, and thinks I should get one (not happening). It is a weird chick thing.

sorry for the worthless post.

mitt

·
Registered
374 Posts
I am without a doubt going to by an extended warr. on my Ducati 620. I have had two warr. issues that would have cost me like 3k with out it. It is fairly cheap for the peace of mind. Something like 800 for 4 extra year after the 2 years the bike comes with.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Secondly, I'm still deciding what kind of bike to buy. Although it's too cold to test drive a monster, I sat on a 620 i.e. yesterday and the fit was good. I still am having a problem committing to a bike which I can't really ride a passenger.
I ride with a passenger quite a bit on my 2003 620 dark - no problems. Is there something I am missing? Should I not be riding with a passenger?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Everyone I've talked to tells me that the seat is totally uncomfortable for 2 up riding. Did you change your seat or is your passenger petite?

Did you also have to change the suspension setup?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I'm in pretty much the same situation you are.

My Duc dealer has both. The Brava's riding position is a little more upright than the 620. I originally wanted to get a MG (though an 80's model) and stopped in at my local dealer when I heard they were getting them in. Sitting on it, it just doesn''t have the same feel as the Monster does.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
The Breva's a nice "townie" bike, but it doesn't do sport riding very well. Laura demo'd a Breva at a track day last fall and had a blast riding it, but was grinding hard parts on both sides whenever she got a little aggresive with it.

--Fillmore

·
Banned
551 Posts
On the warranty side - I assume you have to purchase said extended warranty prior to expiration of initial warranty.

I am also going to waste someones time to let me know where I can find more info online - I don't think it is on the Ducati website. BTW - what is the Ducati website good for except for seeing the new model releases and dealer locations?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts