Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read this article from the Boston Globe regarding Kerry and kiteboarding (my other sport).

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I saw the highlites of his hockey game too. Definitely wasnt out there for just a photo op.
I also saw an interview with some guy he saved in Vietnam. I think that makes him my pic right there. He wasnt in the national guard or stateside. He was actually in the sh!t and understands what it is like for the troops. Seems to me he would have a little more thought into future deployments. I think this may be a good opportunity to start a poll on the election...

M

·
0 Posts
Re: Warning: Political Content!  Kerry owned

bad enough the AOL critter rides a monster

don't make me sell my ride!

·
Premium Member
19 Posts

I'm afraid the secret service will get a fleet of H-D's instead... he got rid of the Duc :-/

"Q. Didn't you have an Italian racing motorcycle? A Ducati is a serious piece of machinery.

A. It is, yeah. But I've had motorcycles since I was ...

Q. Yeah, but that's a racing bike.

A. Well, it depends what you do with it. I also got rid of it because I got tired, I didn't want to ride that kind of bike. I found that sort of more than I needed or wanted in my older age.

Kerry now has a Harley-Davidson. He's also had powerboats since he was a teenager and continues to fly."

S

·
0 Posts
You got Arnold and now Kerry, there is hope for the USA after all. The Europeans are with you. And people who do not ride motorcycles should not become President. More politicians on bikes would make our world a lot safer

Slim

O

·
0 Posts
sorry to upset this love fest but kerry is a idiot he is still letting everyone think he's irish when he's not . he would like to be known as JFK does that sound familiar. remember he's no kennedy and he's only has 100 or so million . his wife has over 600 mill , now that's marrying up in life . WOW kerry har dee har har ;).

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
This doesn't look like a love-fest to me. I think people just appreciate someone who has some spice/variety to their interests.

O

·
0 Posts
these points of intrest about kerry you call spice are carefuly thoughtout to get you to think about someone you don't know and probably would not want to . in college no one liked him and he's speending a lot of money on a new personality that someone might like . did you know he was in veitnam and is a veteran . how many times can he tell that line . o ya he was Lt governor of mass for michael dukakis , talk about a nowere man . yikes

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Having a bike means I might like to ride with him, not vote for him. Of course, there are lots of guys with bikes that I wouldn't even like to ride with.

Interesting bit of info though,

Doc

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I would associate him with Jesse Ventura. Now the guy was no political mastermind- but he made things interesting. I am sick of the same cookie cutter politicians. Jesse made watching the news fun. I dont know how many times I would turn on the news and say to myself "what did he say this time?"
I agreet that Kerry needs to do something with the hair helmet- but at the very least he is a bit more in touch with what "real Americans" are about..

·
Premium Member
198 Posts

I agreet that Kerry needs to do something with the hair helmet-
Yeah, he needs a mullet....

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Cool, a presidential candidate with a mullet.

Probably get the hockey and redneck vote...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Voting for Kerry because he rode a Ducati is about as responsible as voting for Bush because he can run a 21 minute 5k.

Yes, I'm voting for Bush :)

M

·
0 Posts
Kerry was in the brown water Navy, he has a Siver Star and two Purple Hearts. That gets him my respect, but not my vote. He is a Kennedy clone elitist and has no regard for your personal freedoms. My .02 worth...

D

·
0 Posts
I'm aware that the Democrats like to show us (especially the MTV crowd) how cool, hip and down they are, but please, tell me this board has more political sense than this! If this helps make up your mind on who to vote for... God help us!

·
Registered
434 Posts

At least he rides, unlike Dubya who has a ranch and can't even ride a horse!!! (maybe even the horses don't like him.....)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I do think it is a good idea to support motorcyclists as it furthers our hobby and hopefully betters it. I would not choose that as an only reason to vote for him, however. It does seem a bit trivial. If you like his platform, background, etc. then let the motorcycle be a nice additional factor.

That said, I doubt I would vote for Kerry. Reason? I don't think I can stand looking at that hair for 4 years. ;D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts