believe it NOW I KNOW.

STAY AWAY..

LEVI
MONSTA 800 2003

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Levi,

I got my bike from them also, along with a friend of mine. I bought mine in '01 when Scott (mechanic)was still there. I think he was the only one who knew anything about Ducs...
I havent been there in a while, but they are rather expensive....

btw... r u hungarian?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know these guys from Adam. But if people are not happy with this NY dealer. North American Warhorse is offering services and other deals to people in Scranton PA. Its around 2 hours from teh city. And are even offering to do bike pick ups in some cases. The tech there is really good. You should come to the open house in May. (Read mt sig for more info below). You will be impressed. They are carrying Ducati for a little over a year and are in the top 10 dealers(maybe even 5) in the US. A great place.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So after a month and a half I go in, and they say nothing has arrived yet, and they have no idea how long it will be. Then after it has been TWO full months, I call and ask again. They tell me they think its there, but have to check and will call me back. Needless to say, they didn't call and I had to call them another 3 times. It is like they dont want my money or something.

So now you have got me thinking that this may be the way they do business there. But what is your deal exactly Levi? How can I take you seriously when you call your bike a Monsta? Whats with that?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Formula One Motorsports
193 W. Main Street Bay Shore NY 11706
(631) 969-9480
honest guys that know ducs 8) he also has a place in queens.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know Formula One is a great place, and as I said Cycle Connection in Jersey is great too, but in Gold Coasts defense they have hired a new service manager named Paul who seems to be a pretty serious guy as far as getting the job done. I have had no buy experience with them since I buy at Cycle Connection but maybe Paul will be a better deal in teh service department, esepcially for us local guys.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just spoke with "Paul" on saturday. First impression was mixed. Nice guy. A bit young. Tried to talk me into buying a "chip" for my bike. I told him I didn't think they existed, and that I wasn't interested anyway. Honest mistake? Im not sure. The jury is still out.

Bsexy, what part of Italy are you from? Where you born there? Just curious.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You guys might want to try Rizzon Cycle in Middlesex NJ. I've been dealing with them since my first Duc in '97. I went to them after checking out all the dealers in the NY/NJ area and haven't been to anyone else. There great guys, don't try to sell you useless stuff and are only about 45-60 min from NYC.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So I got my bike back from Gold Coast a couple of weeks ago. They worked fast, and were very nice to me.

Then I got it home. The work done has so far been okay, but the bike was a bit dirty. Then I noticed a small scratch on the tank. Buffed it out. Then I noticed some marks on paint on the clutch cover. Maybe from the dyno strap being against it while hot. I can deal with it....

But the other day I noticed a very deep scratch on the left side of the tank, close to the seat. It is so deep the paint is actually elevated on either side of it, and it white (below the paint). Im so pissed, but I dont even want to bring it back there. What are they going to do? Offer to fix it? They will probably do more damage in the process.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How can did it take so long for you to see such a scratch? I always examine a bike or even a car when I pick it up from somewhere. I am not defending them by any means. I am not fond of that dealership, although as I said Paul seem accomodating, but most of the mechs look like jiffylube minimum wage grease monkies. I am just suggesting in the future you look a bike over. Certainly a gas tank takes a moment to scan. Washing it after you ride is good practice for keeping it clean and for seeing any imperfections caused my rocks and grease monkies.

Sexy

·
Registered
53 Posts
Honestly, it was only a couple of days later. I think I was more distracted by the other dirt and small scratches. It was on the inside of the left tank, where your leg would go. With all the shadows cast by the bike on the sidestand it is hard to notice. I was actually waxing it when I first did.

I know what you mean about the mechanics in there. Even Mr. Paul looks like a kid. It is just so damn convenient to my house, and getting a ride to and from. Im gonna look elsewhere for the 6K though.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Formula 1 is a great dealer in the area. They are in Queens and Bayshore.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey im new to the forum and looking to buy a bike. if anyone knows some helpfull tips b4 i purchase a ducati let me know i am greatly interested. im 19, this is my first street bike and have been riding dirt since i was 12. also i know the owner of formula one personally and am happy to hear that people are pleased with there service. im looking at buying a ducati monster. thanks to anyone with tips
jay

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry. Have to disagree about Formula One. I bought my monster there and except for Joe in the parts department I got no help at all. They never gave me the red key and when I asked about it they said: "we keep it in case you ever need service." Finally I demanded the key and they searched around until they found a spare red key that seemed to work and gave it to me. They never gave me the warranty card or info until I hounded them.

I dropped my bike when it was new (not moving, embarrassingly enough) and the brake lever broke off. I bought a new lever from Formula One and had them put it on. They charged me 1/2 hour labor for something I now know I could have done myself (and have) in two minutes.

Frankly I felt that all they were interested in was a sale. They had a great selection and the salespeople do know, own and race Ducatis, but they weren't at all helpful to me as a relatively new rider.

I have had much better--although mixed--luck with Gold Coast. On a long ride once I noticed that my chain was quite loose. I was near Gold Coast, so I stopped in on a Saturday. They adjusted the chain for free, no problem, even though I had not purchased or serviced the bike there. Not a big deal, I know, but as opposed to the brake lever, I had no way to do it myself with no rear stand handy. I have always found Jeff, Steve and now Paul to very nice. I have never dealt with the sales folks.

On the other hand, Gold Coast is expensive and they rounded out two Allen bolts on the 6000 mile last service, left them there and didn't tell me.

I have heard good things about Amol in NJ, but I plan to take the bike to BCM for my 12,000 mile service. Everything in between I will do myself.

Just my 2 cents. Tommy

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tommy,

Im real sorry you had a bad thing with Formula 1. My comment was based on a service call that went real well, maybe I got lucky. To be honest, the dealer I use regularly is in Jersey called Cycleconnection. They are in Lodi off route 17 next to badabings and they are by far the best I have seen. If you need good people and can take a trip out, they are wonderful. I have never been pressured there, in fact the sales staff seem quite honest. But then everyone has different experiences.

Good luck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Interesting feedback Tommy. It is starting to look like Gold Coast has good guys there, very nice, but their work is a bit sloppy. I mean little things like rounded out bolts and small scratches make me crazy, and should not ever be a consequence of having work done on your bike.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts