Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to put it on the board that I picked up my 2004 S4R today and immediately noticed a HUGE problem with this bike. I think that Ducati has forgotten to put weight in the front of the bike. This in turn leads to my front wheel almost never touching the ground. Has anyone else on the board experienced this problem? This could be a tactic by Ducati to save us money by never having to replace the front tire, thanks Ducati. All I have to do now is put miles on it. Think I'll go to Portugal tommorrow. Anyone wanna go. Group Ride?

·
Premium Member
838 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Holy shi!t elpato...you scared the hell out of me at first...lol! But thank you for the warning. I'll have to make sure I'm extra careful when I'm riding mine! Hopefully the save on the front tires through the years will add up to some extra cash for some more mods!

·
Registered
376 Posts
You need to take into account the savings on front tires will be offset by the cost of new undies the first few times it happens :p (why do most of my recent posts have to do with pooping in your pants?......hm......interesting thought Dr. Freud) ;D

S

·
0 Posts
good stuff dennis... i wonder if at the end there (when you came up to those harley tourer's) if they thought "hey that bike sounds pretty good" when you buzzed by.
but with the topic of this thread, i kinda expected to see the camera point skywards a couple times. not that i condone such riding behavior ;D

R

·
0 Posts
It starts with a little wheelie, but I am keeping the stunt riding to a minimum. I have spent the last 4 days working on videos. That was video day one. It had terrible audio issues. This is why there is music put to it.
On day two, I bought a mic from Best Buy. It was a lapel mic for around $25. I did not want to spend so much on a mic. But the mic turned out to be awsome. The sound difference between day 1 and 2 was dramatic. Here is a sample. http://www.racedayphoto.com/vid/compare.WMV
All this video is part of a project I am doing with Team Pro Motion. This equipment will be used to do educational videos. A person who takes the Art Class with TPM can buy a video of himself. This video is shot by a Pro Road Racer/Instructor. While he is being taped, the instructor is mic'd and pointing issues out. Things like race line and body position. So Day Three was getting a mic working in the helmet. Last year the audio was awful and we pretty much gave up on it. But his $25 mic is awsone. Here is a clip comparing last years helmet mic to this years. http://www.racedayphoto.com/vid/AVcomp.WMV
As soon as the roads clean up a bit, I will make some fun video. But the equipment is ready. I will be at VIR next weekend shooting. So I should have some good stuff to show Monday.

R

·
0 Posts
I can't wait to track test this work next Friday. I think it may be the besat video work I have gotten down yet. The bugs seemed to be worked.

·
Registered
423 Posts
It sure looks cold there Dennis! ;)

It pretty fun watching the cars parked on the freeway like that. Did you have that staged? Also, there must be something wrong with your spedometer. I've been to PA, and I'm sure I remember the speed limit being only 65mph.

good stuff!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I am with Herb !

M1000 today was acting the same way as You mentioned Yours S4R .....

Scaary. Race Day Dennis, please send me them videos with someone that come to WDW,.... I cannot load sheit here...

Skier

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well it has been 24 hours and 213 miles later and I don't have a single complaint. My arse and left forearm are a little sore but thats just because I have been off a bike for a little while. Tomorrow there is a rally in a town nearby. I plan on taking the Monster over to show it off. It is kind of hard to do a proper break in when the speed limits aren't really that enforced over here. I spent most of today at 80-100 without a worry. It does say in the manual that twisty roads are prefered for suspension and engine. It only took me a few hours to rack up the miles on some beautiful back roads of Spain. Hope everyone is having a good time.

R

·
0 Posts
Must be nice to have time. I have had my S4R for months and don't have much more then you.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
el pato,

did you buy a euro monster, and plan on bringing it back to the states, or did you somehow buy a us spec model in spain?

mitt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No Mitt,

It is a US spec monster sent from the factory to Spain. It is part of some deal that the dealer has here to import a certain number of US spec ducatis. But only US servicmembers can buy them. It is still a huge savings because of the tax free price.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
No Mitt,

It is a US spec monster sent from the factory to Spain. It is part of some deal that the dealer has here to import a certain number of US spec ducatis. But only US servicmembers can buy them. It is still a huge savings because of the tax free price.
That is what I wanted to find here in france, but have not had any luck. Sounds like they treat you service guys all right.

mitt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts