Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny story. Was riding back from the Turismo along the Pacific Motorway and a car load of young dudes was pointing at my bike. I thought they were admiring it but it turns out my rear seat cowl had flown off and they were trying to tell me :-[

Anyway couldn't find it so I am looking for a replacement for a seat cowl, red and to fit a 2002 900 Monster.

Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
If your in Syd . . .
Go to that spare parts / wreckers at Silverwater Rd, Silverwater. You'll be surprised what they have out the back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. [thumbsup]

Currently bidding on one of the seat cowls from US Ebay. Now got another just in case. The bikes shop around $300 for a new one but I would have to get it painted. :(

Going to Sydney over xmas so will keep the wreckers in mind. Thanks MickyB

Cheers

How's the 749 going Palooka??

·
Registered
388 Posts
Good mate. Took a run up to Maleny on Sunday. Was a last minute decisiojn when I realised it may be my last chance befor xmas. Hopefully I can get anoteher one in but weekends are filling up fast.

Saw you scraping your knee getting round ther corner up Edmonstone St yesterday morning :police:

Good luck bidding

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
I lost one in Darwin (over 10 yrs ago now) and got it replaced under waranty because the bike was 3 weeks old and I told em I'd never had it off.
ya gotta tighten them screws with a shifter... not just finger tight.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Mickyb said:
If your in Syd . . .
Go to that spare parts / wreckers at Silverwater Rd, Silverwater. You'll be surprised what they have out the back.
Yep, Metro Motorcycle Spares, 02 9748 7400. They've quite often got Ducati bits in there that'd surprise you - thats where I got my left hand switchblock with the headlight switch on it. They also quite often have the best prices on chains and sprockets around as well...

Another place I'd try is findapart - thats a website that emails your parts request to a whole bunch of wreckers at thwe same time, it's worked pretty well for me a few times...

big

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya gotta tighten them screws with a shifter... not just finger tight.
I almost lost it once before so I went out and bought some rubber washers to absorb the vibrations. That didn't work either. Will be checking it more often if I can get a replacement. [thumbsup]

Saw you scraping your knee getting round ther corner up Edmonstone St yesterday morning
:-X

Mmm should check my rear view mirror more often... [cheeky]

Yep, Metro Motorcycle Spares, 02 9748 7400
Cool, if I dont win the bid on ebay will give them a call. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Cheers all
Craig

·
Registered
124 Posts
Saw one on aussie ebay for sale this arvo and thought of you but I see from the ID of the bidder (ducati900ie) that you appear to be onto it allready. Good luck.

I chucked the bolts that hold mine one after one bolt fell off and just replaced them both with allen head bolts. I just carry a 5mm allen key in my tools in case I pick up a pillion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I chucked the bolts that hold mine one after one bolt fell off and just replaced them both with allen head bolts. I just carry a 5mm allen key in my tools in case I pick up a pillion.
Good advice. Will defintely look at that when I get a replacement, now that I know how expensive they are :-[

Thanks Juk80

CraigB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts