Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls ;D

Thought I might see if any of you gals have one sitting in the shed maybe? Doesn't hurt to ask have posted in the wanted to buy section as well as the HOOLIGANS DOWNUNDER site.

My bike is a 2000 model (last one before they made the 620ie) Monster 600 and I need a new panel, went for a ride the other day stopped for a quick cuppa etc and realised that I had lost half of my side panel WTF was my question but it must have been cracked and then just worked its way off somehow? I now have half a left hand side panel :'( if you can help in any way thanks in advance otherwise a new one :eek: is on the cards.

Cheers EGAS

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostrobelle said:
I have a c.f. one, but it says M900 on it. If you want some poseur points I'll sell it to you fer cheap. ;D
Thanks Mostrobelle,

How much would you be looking for, for it, do you have both? or just the one? Do you reckon it would fit my 600? surely it would. I'm in Australia I guess you know that thou. Anyways let me know?

Cheers Egas

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
I believe I have both. I'd part with 'em for $20 + shipping. The box will weigh more than the parts. [laugh] I'll let you look around a little longer. Someone closer to you is bound to have these, but if not, I'm here for ya. [thumbsup]

p.s. I think a couple of Aussies are coming to the San Francisco area over our Thanksgiving (3rd week in November.) If you still want/need the parts by then, maybe we could arrange something so that they take them back to your continent with them?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mostrobelle said:
I believe I have both. I'd part with 'em for $20 + shipping. The box will weigh more than the parts. [laugh] I'll let you look around a little longer. Someone closer to you is bound to have these, but if not, I'm here for ya. [thumbsup]

p.s. I think a couple of Aussies are coming to the San Francisco area over our Thanksgiving (3rd week in November.) If you still want/need the parts by then, maybe we could arrange something so that they take them back to your continent with them?
Thanks so much for that [thumbsup]

Is $20.00 US??? or Aussie$ just checking ;D I will let you know but the original ones believe it or not are very hard to source??? I have posted elsewhere in here as well as a find a part site here in Aus let you know progress but if they are fine to fit my Monster, and the Aussie guys are there do you think they would mind doing that for me? Which ones are they I ll ask for you instead of you having to do it?

Cheers Egas [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Here's the link for your fellow countrymen who are visiting... http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=64196.0. Perhaps you know them? They weigh almost nothing and don't take up much space so hopefully you can get these guys to take them back to you with them.

I just found the side panels in my garage. They are in pretty good shape. Use a little polishing compound and some carnuba wax to bring out the shine. The "M900" is a decal that appears to be applied on top of the clear coat, so if you're not into the posing you can probably remove it with a razor blade.

The cost would be $20 USD, daily exchange rate of your choice. I'm not that picky. ;D

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have one from an 03 800 Dark. Don't know if it will fit, but it's youre's if it does.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The original parts should be relatively cheap and easy to get hold of brand new. In UK about £20 at most. Also the panel is the same for most of them, just the sticker is different on some so other than base cosmetic labeling any would do.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
I sent her two pairs of mine in November. Mailing stuff to Australia from the States was....interesting.

In case anyone's interested, the panels from a '94 M900 fit her bike. I guess that panel design hasn't changed ever. Precious few other parts have undergone so little modification over the years.... [cheeky]

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mostrobelle said:
I sent her two pairs of mine in November. Mailing stuff to Australia from the States was....interesting.

In case anyone's interested, the panels from a '94 M900 fit her bike. I guess that panel design hasn't changed ever. Precious few other parts have undergone so little modification over the years.... [cheeky]
Yes and thank you very much for that I must post some pics sometime too my hubby brought me a cf Hugger for christmas looks good with the panels [thumbsup]

Also just purchased a gold clutch slave cylinder from MPL Germany it looks good and makes the clutch not as hard as it was before [clap]

Cheers Egas

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mostrobelle said:
Precious few other parts have undergone so little modification over the years.... [cheeky]
I reckon that's why they still called monsters and why we still love them in all their guises.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts