Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to trade someone my s2r's seat for their 620 or 695 seat if it is in good condition. this would be great for someone who is taller and rides a 695 or 620 as the seat is smaller. i stand 5'6 and would like the smaller seat. this upgrade would cost us only a fraction of getting it customized, and the only real cost would be shipping. anyone interested?

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Are you sure the seat is thicker? If it were true, I'd be interested, but I believe the difference in stand over height on a 695/620's vs your s2r comes from a shorter suspension linkage rod. I'm putting an adjustable one off a 748 on my 620 so I can raise (and adjust) the rear. If you want, I'd be happy to go measure my seat thickness so that you can compare it to yours. Let me know. By the way, lastnight I saw a brand new, in the package, lowering link on ebay, I think it was about $35 or so. I found it; item number 260063822992. Also if you would like I can measure the eye to eye length of my 620's stock linkage rod so you can compare that to yours as well.
Bryan

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bryan, when it is said that it is thicker it is meant that it is a little wider at the cut out parts of each side. sorry about that crappy sentence. anyhow my seat is wider where the inner thighs contact the seat, at least that's the general consensus about it. i don't think that i need it lower the suspension but i will look into that as well. i'll keep snooping around about the seat.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I have a 2005 620 and a 2007 S2R 1000, I reversed the seats, I don't see any differense or changes in the hights of the bikes

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i checked some more and only some of the 620's have the lower seat, mainly the darks. so if anyone can do the same that has a dark it would be great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm 5'3" & put a 620 seat on my '07 S2r1k. Big difference. The edge that annoyed the back of my thighs is gone & because the seat is more rounded, feet hit the floor better. I recommend it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys..... check out this thread under Parts for Sale:

Good trade for a tall 695 rider ... trade S4Rs seat for 695 seat (now w/ pics)

I saw a couple guys with 695s that were trying to swap reply on that one... I dunno about the 620 but the 695 definitely has a lower seat. I think it's barely an inch difference but it's also spread a little wider and rounded.

I swapped my seat for an S4R and it worked out great. I'm 6'2" and he's 5'7" and we had similar mileages too so it was a good deal (not to mention we live 40 min aways from each other) [thumbsup] Good luck with the hunt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts