Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
full mod'ed '01 cans. was going to put them on last night, but apparently i don't have a 4mm allen wrench; d'oh! guess i get to go out and buy new tools. . . w00t!!

maybe i can get by sears today and pick up a set of metric allens and get them on tonight.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
w00t! picked up some metric allen wrenches on the way home last night and mounted up my strati-cans!

-the fit was tighter than expected; i had to use a little gentle 'percussive maintenance' to get them in.

-they sound freakin' awesome. a nice low rumble with a meaty growl on the low-end. the rumble starts dropping off at about 3500 and is almost gone at 5000, leaving that meaty growl. i can't really say what they sound like at anything about 7K.

-they're not *too* loud. they are loud, but not *too* loud.

all in all, they sound great. i haven't noticed much of a performance gain, but i was looking for sound more than anything else. they look great on the bike as well. the length makes the rear hugger stand out a bit more (it'll have to go).

thanks, strati!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: w00t!

glad you dig 'em rob! your 1000 must have a sweet sweet rumble going. never heard 'em 1st hand on a 2v larger than 750.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Re: w00t!

Strati, you need to post audio files of your mods on DML. It should be a sticky and in the FAQ's under "how do I make my exhaust REALLY loud?". [smiley=laugh.gif]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts