·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Is that the stock S4R frame & swingarm?

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The frame has been made for scratch, 916 engine , wp forks machined to fit, s4 airbox (going to made out of carbon) ,ti back end , rad (alley thicker and shaped) is on the bench but had a standard 916 rad before.Try to get as much weight off the bike as possible target weight is 163kg or under.748 swinging arm . I wish i did have to much time on my hands, all the work is done after work or weekends :( but hey its got to done ;D

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
you welded up the frame from tubing? i love the
brace going from the rear engine mount down
to the swing arm pivot. you're my hero!

(you can't see it, but i'm on my knees
grovelling in the direction of england.)

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I notice that you've canted the upper shock mount forward slightly. Is there a reason for this, or did it just come out that way? Also, what head tube angle, triple offset, & trail figures did you use? The reason I ask so much, is because I'm beginning to make frames myself & am always curious about other peoples ideas.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think its just cos there is no weight on the back wheel? but we have a shorten shock to put in anyways just copied standard monster frame and left to back end off,
more updates soon. :eek:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Someone should give you a TV show like American Chopper. Then you could work on it full time and we could all watch how a "real" custom bike is built.

G

·
hello all, i thoght it was may me time for me to introduce myself, my name is viv cowley, i own my own company called V-Tech, i make bespoke fabrications for motorcycles (mainly Ducati monsters) i have done a number of single sided conversions on monster of various displacements, i at present building a "superlight" monster for "grunter" and would be happy to try and awnser any questions

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Welcome Viv!

We'd be glad to see examples of some of your other work.

Most of us don't get past bolting stuff 0n our bikes (and taking other stuff off). Some of us get the frame off, grind and repaint. But there are not a lot of custom fabbed frames on this board! We like ;D

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
one word...

FAB-ulous

many smiles...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
hello all, i thoght it was may me time for me to introduce myself, my name is viv cowley, i own my own company called V-Tech, i make bespoke fabrications for motorcycles (mainly Ducati monsters) i have done a number of single sided conversions on monster of various displacements, i at present building a "superlight" monster for "grunter" and would be happy to try and awnser any questions
welcome to the board. very impressive work. is there a link to your buisiness?

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Very NICE! Keep up the passion!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts