Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be visiting Scottsdale next week. Can anyone recommend a good bar? I'll be staying at a hotel on N. Scottsdale near Thomas and would like to find some cool bars nearby. A sports bar or micro brewery type of place would be cool. I'm 34 so I'll probably avoid the college bars and I'm not really into dance clubs. I think the world series starts next week, so I'll need to find a place that has the game on.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Oldtown Scottsdale on Scottsdale road/Indian school is the area you want to go. Several bars along the street. I'm not sure which ones have micro breweries though. The Bungalow is always full of hotties and TV's for the game! That's at the North part of Oldtown on the westside of the street. Sugardaddies is close by on S'dale Rd.

Also..if you're into hiking or want an incredible view of the valley..hike up Camelback. Just take McDonald (due west) to Echo Canyon (behind Camelback or the "necK' of the camel), park and start following everyone else up!

Breakfast..go over to US Egg. I think it's a few blocks down from your hotel.

Sidenote..I don't know why Thomas is considered N. Scottsdale anymore?? Anyway.. .. ..I digress??

Have a good time! It's great weather out here now. Today it's only supposed to be 79*. 83* tomorrow. Not too hot anymore and snow in Flagstaff. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
There are alot of bars in Old Town Scottsdale, plenty to go to. If you want more of a sports bar/micro brewery I actually went to one for the first time the other night. It is just south of where you will be in Papago plaza on the West side of Scottsdale Rd, about 4-5 blocks south of Thomas. Called Papago Brewing Company. I don't know how busy I will be next week, but I live behind Sugar Daddies on Scottsdale and Earle 1 block north of Thomas. What days are you going to be here?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I'll be flying in on Sunday 10/22 and leaving on Saturday, unfortunately I won't be riding the duc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
IZ said:
Sidenote..I don't know why Thomas is considered N. Scottsdale anymore?? Anyway.. .. ..I digress??
I think it's just N. by address not really what we call North Scottsdale. The same way Van Buren has a N. Address ;)

Good info and +1 Sugar Daddy's is a very cool hang out [thumbsup] Try checking out Mill Ave. It does have college crowd but also a fun place to walk around and has a lot of different types of bars, there not all dance clubs ;)

If you were here Friday you could go out with us for Scottsdale Ducati nights. Also you can rent a Ducati pretty close to Scottsdale if you want to go ride in this perfect weather [thumbsup]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, I will bring it since I will still be on four wheels. I just need a place to plug it in and make sure there cool with it. This time I want to see those bikes [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Landshark3 said:
Yeah, I will bring it since I will still be on four wheels. I just need a place to plug it in and make sure there cool with it. This time I want to see those bikes [thumbsup]
I should be driving home tonight after dark, I will swing by there since it is on my way and see if they have lights in the parking lot, I think they do though.

Sorry for the threadjack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts