Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading to Scottsdale over Christmas and would like to do some riding. Can anyone suggest some good riding routes. I won't be able to bring my Monster but I found a place that rents Ducs...anyone heard of them http://www.azride.com/.

-j

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Re: Visiting Scottsdale...

Hi, and great that you are coming to visit. Didn't know about that, very cool that they rent S2R's and Multistradas. Keep us informed on your plans and which day/days you plan on renting the bike, and I'm sure at least one if not more of us would be happyto show you some of the most scenic and best riding on the planet! May be a bit cold here around then, especially in the higher elevations though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

SheMonster said:
Hi, and great that you are coming to visit. Didn't know about that, very cool that they rent S2R's and Multistradas. Keep us informed on your plans and which day/days you plan on renting the bike, and I'm sure at least one if not more of us would be happyto show you some of the most scenic and best riding on the planet! May be a bit cold here around then, especially in the higher elevations though.
That would be great. Dates are still up in the air but I will let you know as soon as we finalize our plans. Define cold??? I went riding up here in Canada last saturday and it was only 10 degrees (I think that's around 50). It's got to be warmer then that - LOL!

-j

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

SheMonster said:
May be a bit cold here around then, especially in the higher elevations though.
Your best bet would be to hook up with some people from here to show you the roads. It isn't too cold. Just ask SheMonster about the ride we did to Canyon lake last winter when everyone met up around 7:00am. Fun times!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts

bunner74 said:
Define cold??? I went riding up here in Canada last saturday and it was only 10 degrees (I think that's around 50). It's got to be warmer then that - LOL!

-j
Ummm, cold? OK scratch that. We (or I'll say I) define cold as < 70 degrees (F) ;)

Will probably be in the 60's-70's in the valley 40's-50's maybe 60's if we are lucky in the higher elevations.

pennyrobber said:
Your best bet would be to hook up with some people from here to show you the roads. It isn't too cold. Just ask SheMonster about the ride we did to Canyon lake last winter when everyone met up around 7:00am. Fun times!
Oh you mean that ride that you and I showed up at 7AM when everyone else insisted we leave that early, and those who insisted (ahem, IZ, RM, etc. etc) showed up LATE?!?! :mad: Yeah, that one, it was cold.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

SheMonster said:
Ummm, cold? OK scratch that. We (or I'll say I) define cold as < 70 degrees (F) ;)

Will probably be in the 60's-70's in the valley 40's-50's maybe 60's if we are lucky in the higher elevations.

Oh you mean that ride that you and I showed up at 7AM when everyone else insisted we leave that early, and those who insisted (ahem, IZ, RM, etc. etc) showed up LATE?!?! :mad: Yeah, that one, it was cold.
Ahhh, weather sounds perfect for my air cooled Monster :)

Debating whether to have my bike shipped down or rent. Would love to have my own bike with me. Decisions...Decisions.

The place we're staying at is called the Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort Hotel (http://www.sanctuaryoncamelback.com). Anyone know anything about it?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts

bunner74 said:
Ahhh, weather sounds perfect for my air cooled Monster :)

Debating whether to have my bike shipped down or rent. Would love to have my own bike with me. Decisions...Decisions.

The place we're staying at is called the Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort Hotel (http://www.sanctuaryoncamelback.com). Anyone know anything about it?

D*mn..you must be made of money Buns!! [cheeky]

Yes..Santuary is VERY nice! It's on the backside of Camelbaack Mtn. You have to hike to the top when you get a free morning. I just took my cousin to the top (RE: "Hiked a mountain today" in the NMC section). Go down McDonald Rd about 1/2 mile to Echo Canyon and you'll start your hike. Be smart though..it's not a huge Mtn but it can get you tired really quick! Esp. if it's hot!

When SheM says it's cold..pay not attention..it's cold to us who have been there for awhile! We can't get in the swimming pool if it's under 90* in the water!! ;)

Unfortunately, I just moved to FL but you have a lot of AZ riders to ride with!

Yes..I have heard www.azride.com. My wife's a realtor and found them their place of business. I was going to get a bike from them for my buddy traveling into the US from Italy. I believe they have ties to Scottsdale Ducati.

You picked a great time to visit the state and staying at a top notch place!! Have fun!! :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Just confirmed my trip to Scottdale. I will be there Dec 22-27 and rented a Multistrada 1000ds for me and the wife from the 24th-26th. Anyone going to be around? I'd love to hook up with some locals for a scoot. Let me know...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Unfortunately I will be out of town as of the 20th, but I'm sure some of the other local Ducati riders here will be ready and willing to ride.

Enjoy your holidays here!! :D

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Won't be here either, but try to go up to Sedona. We did it last weekend and it was a fantastic ride.

Cold right now is in the 40s.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can show you guys around X-mas Eve or even on X-Mas day and go for a nice ride. Also the guys at AZRIDE are good people and have very nice bikes there. [thumbsup]

I will pm you with my info.

It should be warmer again by then, spring is right around the corner..... and if your used to riding in 10 degrees this will feel like spring here to you ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
So are you still coming to visit AZ? or should I say are you here now? This rain should be gone by tomorrow and I just wanted to see if you guys were still planning on doing some riding this weekend? I can still show you around anytime after Sunday afternoon. Just let me know what you guys are planning and would like to see [thumbsup]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts