Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all of you that wanted to go and didn't, you missed a fantastic time. The temperature could only have better in the early morning. The Cornerspeed crew kept on top of everything and prevented any foolish behavior from what is sometimes rumored to be squid riders. They made it an enjoyable experience for everyone. No major accidents though some people did run off track throughout the weekend. And of course, what better way to start the track day than watching Hayden win the championship from the bar at VIR. Hope more of you can make it out in the spring for MAD's next track day.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
IT WAS SIMPLY AWESOME INDEED!.....

can't wait to unpack tonight and look at my pic CD I got to analyze what I am doing wrong....between fighting with myself and my street habits against the way of doing things at the track and feeling out my new to me trackbike....I feel I did okay...but know I coulda done wayyyyy better!...well..spring event..here I come!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I am totally jealous of the weather you guys had. I was sitting in my office kickin myself in the ass both days. Glad to hear you had a good time.

Liam, how was the 998? Feeling better on it now?

N

·
0 Posts
The 998 is SOOO FREAKIN' AWESOME

I can do anything with it. That bike NEEDS to be on a track.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Dito on thoughts on the event. Those that are interested in more track days should join NESBA and get to some really neat tracks like Barber. Also, I'm planning on making a run down to Jennings in December/January. - Gene

N

·
0 Posts
That is GREAT!!! [clap]

That's what happens when you don't get out of teh seat enough for the speed you're going. I have the "Thwap" image as my wall paper to remind me going forward.

Even with that it was good good stuff [thumbsup]

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Liam said:
That is GREAT!!! [clap]

That's what happens when you don't get out of teh seat enough for the speed you're going. I have the "Thwap" image as my wall paper to remind me going forward.

Even with that it was good good stuff [thumbsup]
also to note.....why were you lookin where the bike was gonna crash instead of where you shoulda been a riding?....that is some funny stuff though...THWAPP and all!

N

·
0 Posts
The same reason I laid the bike down. I lost focus. Didn't get off enough and instead of pushing through the turn by looking where I wanted to go and potentially saving it, instead spot fixcated on where the bike was sliding too and lost it.

3 timesin both days, this being the worst, I spot fixated and went off the track. Which is strange because it is somethign I never do on the street.

In actuallity I am glad it happend because it was a very valuable lesson to learn and given the results, I'm not hurt and minor damage to the bike not to bad. Going faster and learning that lesson it could be a lot worse.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
with all this positive attention to "THWAP", you should change your screen name to it. [cheeky]

·
Registered
124 Posts
I notice you don't have the picture of you behind Eric posted. If you'd like, I can find it and send it to you.... [cheeky]

Here are pics from my first ever track day. To include my first time with my knee down and in a learning experience my first off track adventure.
Tip: When putting knee down, ensure the bike doesn't follow...

;D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts