Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a vinyl corse stripe for my monster? I'm having the bike repainted this winter and was thinking about adding a corse stripe. I'd keep with the Ducati red and have the stripe in the same silver color as the Ducati logo on the side of the tank. I was thinking of getting a temporary vinyl stripe for now so I can live with it for a little while before I have it painted.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jeff, I'll keep those in mind. However I was actually thinking of the ones you see on the blue and white S4r. The ones that are off center.

G

·
Has anybody gotten the stripes from the ebay guy? I'm thinking that the black might look sweet on my yellow bike.

G

·
why couldn't you get that kit off ebay and shift it to the right a little while you are installing it?
i would think it would be easier and little more durable if you actually painted it on and just used some of the corse badges with some strageic placement and then clear coat over the whole thing.
just my $0.02.....

·
Registered
423 Posts
I bought them from the ebay guy in Australia. I tried for 3 hours to make them fit right. Soapy water, hair dryer, and everything. It was impossible to get it to shrink properly. The stickers are flat, and to get them off-center where the tank has the curves and filler cap is not gonna happen. I gave it to some pros also to try, and they said they couldn't do it also.

I'm gonna have to wait for a crash to get the tank painted. Hopefully not too soon. ;)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would think it would be easier and little more durable if you actually painted it on and just used some of the corse badges with some strageic placement and then clear coat over the whole thing.
just my $0.02.....
That's what I plan to do when I get the bike painted however until then I wanted to slap on some vinyl stripes to see how I like them. It involves less commitment and I can be sure I like it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think what I would do is go to any sign making shop, and check on just getting vinyl stripe stickers and applying them yourself, or you could get the shop to apply them. I checked into getting them for a car I used to own, and it was pretty cheap, and they could be any width you'd like. I think the stripes for a car were like $25 so a MC should be a lot cheaper, I think they sold it by the foot. Just a thought.

G

·
Racings stripes are the sh!t. I just got my CF fairing painted black with red corse style stripes it looks awesome. Getting the rear cowl done next month and tank,fender, hugger in Aug. Don't hesitate strripes look great!!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got the silver ones from the Aust. E-bay guy, they are nice. I have only fitted them to my fairing and the seat-cowl, I thought they were fairly easy to put on but I havent tried to tackle the tank. There is plenty extra with the kit....you may need it! BTW the silver on the black S4R looks great, I put mine down the center instead of offset.

Jeff

·
Registered
164 Posts
So how easy was it? I have tinted my car and that was successful, and reading the directions about the squeegee and the soapy water it seems similar. How long did it take you to do what you did?

Regards,
Patrick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts