Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , Im about to buy a monster from a guy in another state (escrow of course), he gave me the vin for the bike ZDM1RA3L62B013787 but I havent been able to get a carfax report on it ::)

Any one knows how can I run it??? - i basically want to see if the bike is the "correct" on in acordance to the description and if its not stolen

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
when you go to register it you will find out if it is stolen... never heard of anyone doing a car fax on a Monster though :-/

·
Registered
724 Posts
when i was calling my insurance company (progressive) they had no record of my VIN anywhere either...so i had to mail them my registration...

went to register w/ no problems...

i wouldnt worry bout it much, but thats just me :p

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually, when I was chatting with my insurance company about getting new insurance on the Monster, they ran the vin number themselves. I asked the lady if there were any problems with it like a lien, accidents, etc and she said that nothing had come back to her. oh and for the record, I have progressive insurance.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if you know any local law enforcement, but they can usually run a VIN on their LEIN computers. Tell them the reason and they may be able to help you.

Rainman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts