Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5342491665427630941&pr=goog-sl

Here's another video with a mysterious crash. Well, the guy lost control, but I'm trying to figure out why he loses traction in the first place. There's a closeup of him clutching in, so maybe he was trying to do a rolling burnout? But he seems to be going too fast for that. Just wondering what others think...

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Methinks twas gravel or some kinda debris.

Me also thinks he's damn lucky he landed on this side of that bridge wall or whatever it was.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ORDucRider said:
Me also thinks he's damn lucky he landed on this side of that bridge wall or whatever it was.
Yeah, I thought that too. :eek:

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
He downshifted for the turn, the back end got a little loose, he panicked, didn't turn, didn't use the brakes, and just ran into the object he fixated on. Common noob mistake.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
silentbob said:
He downshifted for the turn, the back end got a little loose, he panicked, didn't turn, didn't use the brakes, and just ran into the object he fixated on. Common noob mistake.
You sure? It may have been the editing but it looked like he let the clutch out long before the back end went squirrely.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
ORDucRider said:
You sure? It may have been the editing but it looked like he let the clutch out long before the back end went squirrely.
Well, pertty sure of everything after the back end got loose. He didn't turn or brake, he just panicked. I saw a friend of mine do that in a traffic circle once. A group of us entered the circle and one by one we each hit a patch of something that caused the back end to slide a little. Everyone took it in stride and kept going, except for this one guy who panicked and went straight through the middle of the circle with his feet flailing like the guy in the video. We suggested he take a course and learn how to ride but he decided to buy a Harley instead.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well, the video is not high-res, but in the beginning, when it is shown in normal speed there appears to be either a lot of crap or a lot of imperfections in the road. When the camera is focused on the front wheel there are a lot of greyish pixels of various darkness whizzing by. Then, it looks like he downshifts, and accelerates - there may have been just the slightest wobble just as he starts to turn. But the whole time, it looks like his arms are locked. No bueno.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, he didn't respond well at all. I suspect he chopped the throttle as the bike started to slide and it snapped back in a kind of pre-highside. And then he just stared at the wall and went straight for it.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Think this might be the 3rd time this one has appeared. A while ago somone posted a number of crash videos, from the easily explained to this mystery crash. People offered up theories and the occasional joke on that collection...

Lots of decent theorys, but no one can really put a finger on exactly what occured... the area 51 of crashes.

*Add-on
Here's a link to that collection
http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=49943.0

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
watch the back wheel just as he fishtails there is a little puff of dust. Looks like he got into some dirt at the edge of the road.

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
silentbob said:

+1

exactly!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Is it possible that he went to down shift and down shifted to quickly or ran through more than one gear then chirped the tire casusing the dust trail and the wobble was him pulling in the clutch trying to get it in the right gear??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts