Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

Recently purchased a 2003 Ducati M800. Everything is going well with the exception of the braking. From time to time when braking, I get this horrible vibration coming from the front end. Bad enough to make the instrument panel "shake" about 1/2". It will happen just before coming to a full stop. Otherwise, it appears to be random. It can happen during heavy braking or light braking.

I was wondering if anybody else on the list has had a similar experience and/or knows what might be causing this vibration. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scooby:

Thanks for the lead. Out of curiosity, what was causing the shudder in your case?

Coqui

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
assuming the bike is under warranty, i would make sure my caliper bolts are tight, i think the spec is 43 nm, then take it to the dealer. if not, the cause could be any of the above, including the forks bottoming.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I had the same prob. Warped rotors in my case, but my bike is a 94 and you can expect that to happen over time. I put on some Break Tech, cast iron, fully floating rotors and its oh so smooth now.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
My 800 is doing the same thing. :-/ It feels like when I had warped rotors on my truck) I'm actually a bit puzzled because I do mostly commute riding and don't have the chance to heat up the brakes much. Maybe the rotors are below standard... (recall?)

Glad to hear it's covered under warranty!

Uncle_Duck

·
Registered
159 Posts
Same thing happened to me this weekend. Only once though. Slow speed. Coming to stop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts