Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's one thing I really hate about that bike is the way it behaves depending on the weather. In the morning or at night when air is fresh and not too humid the bike is awesome...At noon when it's hot the bike really sucks bad, it simply is unbearable and a pain like I wanna dump ducati forever. And about everything is affected...engine, clutch, oil, etc...Also it takes forever to reach the minimum oil temp of 120... a pain when you commute and ride the freeway all the time and need to get speed within minutes from cold. Sigh I don't think this is the most adequate bike for commuting don't you think?

Maybe the best would be to keep a ducati for pleasure only and ride a jap for work! ;D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot I have a M750i.e. '02. ...injected model so maybe it's more prone to be weather sensitive compare to carbs?!

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
This has got to be a mental thing with you. My bike doesnt give a crap how hot is it outside. 03 800. If your temp sensor is acting flakey check the connection. Mine was loose and made it eratic. Theres also no harm in getting "up to speed" before your over 120. I just let my bike warm up for a couple minutes while I put my gear on and take off..... remember that 01 and below monsters dont even have temp indicators. Just switch it to 'clock" and dont worry about it. Just enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
huh what the fu_ck are you talking about?

I'm not talking about my fuel light geez read me!!

Yes my bike does give a sh_it about the weather...that's obvious with any engine except turbine. Get a clue.

- (opposite of + pal)

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Fuel light? What are YOU talking about? Sorry man but were not in old days here. We both ride bikes with some pretty sophisticated Fuel Injection systems that can compensate for changes in weather. I would think the carbed bikes would be more prone to having problems related to temp. Maybe your bike is just a POS..... :)

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Hmmm... I re-read what this guy said 10 times. Im pretty sure what I said made sense...... can I get a second opinion?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Brutus, it's not cool to ask for advice and respond with cursewords when you don't like the response.

i'm going to try to answer your question anyway. it is O.K. to ride your bike moderately (avoid hard accelleration and high RPMs) with the temp gauge reading lo assuming the bike is running safely, as posted by 03monster800. you will find it will warm up faster. if your bike is performing poorly there is something wrong with it, perhaps a non functioning sensor or just the fuel trim adjustment

M

·
0 Posts
hey brutus why don't you try running with 93 octane, i mean if the 91 works so well smoothing out the throttle response on your monster just go full bore with the 93.... maybe you could get some octane booster for those hot days.... you can usually find it right next to the slick 50 in any auto parts shop.... just a theory.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

rotflmao...

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Well ****.... theres your problem. Go straight to your local auto parts store and get "NOS octane booster" That will solve all your imaginary problems and just imagine how smoooooth your throttle response will be after that.... and if that doesnt work try some VP C-12 race gas.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ciao,

mine is not at all temperature sensitive.
Not have heard any other ones to be.

Ask your mechanic to take a look at your bike.
Tell him what you told the Board in the first Post.

Skier

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Yah...this thread got 'hot' real quick. :(

I've noticed some temperature related performance, but it's not real extreme.
Cool, dry air has more oxygen in it than hot & humid air, so the engine will run stronger.

It would be worth checking the air temperature/pressure sensor. If it's unhooked or broken/damaged/defective, the bike is not going to run well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.