Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not near a Vanson retailer so I had to go through a mess of measurements and forms to order directly from Vanson. I sent the forms in two weeks ago, made a follow-up call after the first week, and still no word from them on putting an order together. Given the price, I'm getting cold feet on working with them. Anyone done custom orders from Vanson? Work out OK?

G

·
Ever been to the mall on Christmas Eve? The little Vanson leather elves are busy as he!! right now. I would imagine the slow down around, oh, SEPTEMBER! No, really, I don't know of anyone who has had a bad experience dealing with Vanson. You just picked the busiest time of year to have custom work done.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I am on my second Vanson suit. My first was a few years ago. It was perfect. No complaints at all.
My second suit was called in March 30th. I was told I would have it by the ride this weekend. The confirmation letter came only last week and the new completion date is May 25. So I will not have mine in time. They are vey busy right now. Expect your confirmation around 1 month ffrom your order. I know it stinks. But it will be worth the wait.

G

·
Pick up the phone and call them. 1.508.678.2000

I ordered my custom jacket in January this year from Vanson. It was promised by March.....here it is almost mid May and it still isn't done. It has been at 55% for the last month or so ::)

They move slower than the goverment, but it is well worth the wait. That is why everyone puts up with it! ;D

·
Registered
838 Posts
I guess the extra rush fee helps. They do rush jobs for the Pro Teams and people like that. Us commoners take the back seat.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Yeah, but they'd be sending you a size 60!
Plus a jar of vasoline and cowboy boots.

mitt

G

·
"It's for wearing while I cruise around town in my Trans Am."

I don't get the jar of vasoline joke...want to enlighten me? ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts